No, 640K of memory is nowhere near enough, at least for a modern gaming PC. In some cases, 4GB might not be enough. If you're short on system memory and want to give your gaming rig an upgrade, you have plenty of options to choose from. Just don't pay full price.
We gave the same advice earlier about power supplies. Like PSUs, there is never a shortage of discounted RAM modules and kits. Here are the ones that are marked down as part of Newegg's Gold Tag sale:
- G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16GB DDR4-3200—$130, down from $140
- G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2666—$122, down from $137
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200—$145, down from $190 (use promo code EMCRJBJ47)
Those are for the desktop and are all DDR4 memory kits. If you're rocking an older system and need a DDR3 kit, this G.Skill Ripjaws series 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 is available for $57, marked down from $63.
Newegg is also selling a couple of discounted SO-DIMM DDR3 (not DDR4) memory kits for laptops and certain small form factor systems. They include:
- Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600—$56, down from $63
- G.Skill Ripjaws series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3L-1600—$103, down from $113
All of these deals are valid until Thursday, or we presume until supplies run out, whichever comes first.
Some online stores give us a small cut if you buy something through one of our links. Read our affiliate policy for more info.