We sent Phil to cover one of the hottest convention's (both figuratively and literally) in the world this month: Quakecon. He came back from Texas with all the dirt on Quake Champions, so we made the upcoming first-person blast 'em up the cover star of PC Gamer UK issue 296. I now can't be convinced that isn't Mr Savage hiding within the red armour pictured above.
Elsewhere inside, we'll tell you every single thing we know right now about Mass Effect Andromeda—we even interviewed developers BioWare to correct our work.
In PC Gamer VS Doom, Andy has his Doom Snapmap judged by creators id Software—they're harsh but fair—while our preview list month boasts the likes of Prey, Slayer Shock and Grow Up.
Issue 296 is on shelves now and available on your many and varied digital devices from Google Play, the App Store and Zinio (they may be slow to update—look for Quake Champions on the front). You can also order direct from My Favourite Magazines or purchase a subscription to save money, receive monthly deliveries and wonder at our exclusive subscriber covers. Like this:
- Phil talks to id about bringing back one of PCs most important multiplayers.
- We ask BioWare what to expect from Mass Effect Andromeda.
- Andy gets id to rate one of his Doom Snapmap levels. They are harsh but fair.
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Quadrilateral Cowboy, Starbound, and more reviewed.
- Prey, Slayer Shock, The Long Journey Home, Grow Up, and more previewed.
- Our CPU coolers group test.
- And much more!