UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Square Enix
US Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Io Interactive
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 18
After the majestic Blood Money, Absolution was nothing less than a colossal disappointment, and a betrayal of all that once made the Hitman series great. After that game's huge open levels and freeform assassination, Absolution's boxy environments, limited freedom, and rubbish disguise system felt like piano wire to the throat. It's still a passable stealth game - if you need another of those - but if you haven't yet sampled Agent 47's very killy ouevre, you know which game you should pick up instead.
VerdictRead the review
A passable stealth game, but one that betrays almost everything that, until now, has made Hitman great.
Latest on Hitman: Absolution
All is not well with agent 47, the eerily hairless protagonist of the Hitman series. The LinkedIn profile of senior ...
- GamrRank offering $1000 prize for the best Hitman video
- Hitman: Absolution shows off "living, breathing" soon to be dead world
- The kills come alive with the sound of Hitman: Absolution
- Hitman Absolution hands-on: going back on the job with an extra-lethal assassin
- AMD wants to give you Hitman: Absolution for free. Ish.
- Is that Agent 47 or Alvin the Chipmunk? Io reveal Hitman's many disguises
- Today's other news: Hitman: Absolution's creative kills, Of Orcs and Men's comedic heroes
- Hitman: Absolution trailer shows developers competing in Contracts mode
- Hitman: Absolution trailer sharpens knives, shows katana
- Hitman: Absolution level changed after outcry over crazy nun trailer