Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Sega
US Publisher: Sega
Developer: The Creative Assembly
Age Rating: ESRB Teen | PEGI 16
How do you feel about railways? If your answer involves the words 'expanding' and 'empire', then Fall of the Samurai may be the Total War: Shogun 2 expansion for you. This standalone campaign is set just before and during the Meiji Restoration period, which as people who've been to Wikipedia will know is when Japan's feudal system finally came to an end. (It's not called Fall of the Samurai for nothing.)
Alongside new clans, units and countless other bits and bobs, the campaign features more technologically advanced units, including Gatling guns and steam-powered, artillery-equipped ships. Well, what else would you expect from the most modern Total War setting to date?
VerdictRead the review
a glorious scramble for power elevated by some fantastic new units. Shame about those boring boat battles.
Latest on Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai
The Creative Assembly's TW Craig posted on the Total War forums earlier with news of an upcoming event that will ...
- Total War: Shogun 2 patch adds 80-unit battles, 22 new maps, hundreds of fixes
- Total War studio boss on Steam Workshop mods: "we should be letting people do this"
- Total War: Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai trailer shows gatling guns and exploding ironclads
- Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai trailer talks torpedo boats and off-field artillery
- Total War: Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai preview
- Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai lead designer on the rise of guns and "the last hurrah of archery"
- Total War: Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai screenshots show gatling gun carnage
- Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai release date set
- Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai pre-orders come with bonus factions