UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Runic Games
US Publisher: Runic Games
Developer: Runic Games, Inc.
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI 12
Torchlight II puts most sequels to shame, leaving no element of the original game unimproved. The mine setting of the first has been replaced by a huge world encompassing multiple dungeons, and with an overworld linking them together. Four novel character classes replace the more standard trio of the original, and there are a gaggle of adorable new pets.
However, the most significant feature is the game's long-awaited co-op mode, which allows up to six chums to collectively smash and loot Torchlight's fantasy-steampunk world for the first time.
VerdictRead the review
A massive action-RPG in a small package. A few misjudged dalliances with the past don't hold it back from a bright future.
Latest on Torchlight II
While zombies, vampires, and werewolves have had a pop-culture resurgence in the last decade, children of the 1980’s are wondering: ...
- Torchlight 2's activation system broken for some users, Runic suspects Windows 8 as cause
- Torchlight II sold over 1 million units in 2012
- Torchlight 2 dev wants to add Minecraft-style building and resource management
- Torchlight 2 Engineer Build Guide
- Torchlight 2 Embermage Build Guide
- Torchlight 2 Berserker Build Guide
- Torchlight 2 first impressions: breaking ground in Runic's action RPG
- Get the Torchlight II and Black Mesa soundtracks for no dollars
- Torchlight 2 release date still planned for this summer
- Torchlight II delayed, probably not seeing light of day until 2012