Lord of the Rings Online
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Turbine
US Publisher: Turbine
Age Rating: ESRB Teen | PEGI 12
Over the last few years, The Lord of the Rings Online developers Turbine have been quietly recreating all of Middle-Earth (well, most of Middle-Earth) in this enormous MMORPG. Initially restricted to the Eriador region, expansions soon allowed us to visit Moria, Mirkwood, Isenguard and Rohan.
The story is divided into volumes and books, and after six years and several free updates its timeline is now roughly concurrent with Tolkien's The Two Towers. Since going free-to-play it's only grown in popularity, so it should have no trouble reaching the events of The Return of the King... eventually.
VerdictRead the review
Cleverly implemented microtransactions make Lord of the Rings Online a great deal and a more absorbing game.
Latest on Lord of the Rings Online
Lord of the Rings Online's Helm's Deep expansion was announced back in April, but it still hasn't seen the light ...
- Hands-on with Lord of the Rings Online's new mounted combat system
- Lord of the Rings Online: Riders of Rohan trailer shows mounted combat
- Listen to beautiful player-made music at LOTRO's Weatherstock music event today
- Lord of the Rings Online makes it way to Steam
- LotRO: Riders of Rohan release date is September 5, new trailer shows mounted combat
- Lord of the Rings Online turns five, celebrates with Gandalf firework festival
- Lord of the Rings Online is five years old today, so we're giving you free stuff
- Lord of the Rings Online's Update 6 launches players closer to Rohan on March 12th
- Lord of the Rings Online dev on Rohan's mounted combat and buying horse armour
- Muster the Rohirrim! Lord of the Rings Online rides to Rohan