Europa Universalis IV
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Paradox Interactive
US Publisher: Paradox Interactive
Developer: Paradox Development
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
Paradox's grand strategy sequel features 300 years of history, a "lush topographic map", an upgraded diplomacy system, multiplayer and modding tools, but the best part - or at least, the most brilliantly titled feature - is so-called 'Monarch Power', which promises that your chosen leader's traits will directly affect the game in some way or other. It's also a fantastic name for a band.
Our recent hands-on left us convinced that Europa Universalis IV was "an incredibly deep and dynamic game".
VerdictRead the review
An ambitious and mostly successful—if a bit buggy—expansion about expansion
Latest on Europa Universalis IV
Last week, Miami was subjected to an unlikely Scandinavian invasion, as Paradox - along with their horde of strategy fanatics ...
- Europa Universalis 4 video tutorials take you through the basics
- Europa Universalis 4 trailer celebrates launch with historically relevant wishful thinking
- Europa Universalis 4 demo released, Steam Workshop support confirmed
- Europa Universalis 4 release window confirmed, demo planned for later this week
- How Paradox's Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV save converter will work
- Europa Universalis 4 video explains the virtues and pitfalls of building an empire
- Europa Universalis IV video preaches its enhanced religious systems
- Europa Universalis IV hands-on: an idiot's guide to founding the Netherlands
- Europa Universalis 4 release date set for August, pre-orders now live
- Hands-On with Europa Universalis IV multiplayer: The Some Years War