Dead Space 3
UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Electronic Arts UK
US Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Visceral Games
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 18
After stomping up corpses on the Necromorph-infested USG Ishimura, and stomping up corpses on the Necromorph-infested space station known as The Sprawl, old Isaac Clarke could probably do with a break. Instead, Dead Space 3 sees him heading to the wintry planet of Tau Volantis, to - you guessed it - stomp up corpses with his big clumsy engineer feet.
This time, however, he's brought a friend, or at the very least a like-minded frenemy. In the action-horror game's new co-op mode, player 2 inhabits the body of EarthGov Sergeant John Carver, a man equally as mad as poor Isaac. Other new features include a comprehensive weapon-crafting system, scutter-like scavenger bots and, er, micro-transactions. Luckily, there's no real need to use them.
Latest on Dead Space 3
Antony Johnston, the writer behind the original fright-filled Dead Space, spoke with NowGamer on the more action-heavy tone in the ...
- Dead Space 3 trailer shows story setup, slimy monster throat
- Dead Space 3's executive producer defends PC's "straight port"
- Dead Space 3 trailer: a soundtrack worse than dubstep?
- Visceral: Dead Space 3 microtransactions are for players needing "instant gratification"
- Visceral Games admits Dead Space 3 for PC will be a straight port
- Dead Space 3 to feature microtransactions for crafting resources
- Dead Space 3 trailer recaps story and Marker lore
- Dead Space 3 co-op preview: can terror survive a twosome?
- Dead Space 3 dev diary discusses co-op character sanity
- Dead Space 3 trailer distinguishes single-player fear from co-op destruction