UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Deep Silver
US Publisher: Deep Silver
Age Rating: ESRB Mature | PEGI 18
When they're not mired in controversy, Techland also make games, including their wildly successful open world action-RPG Dead Island. Set on a lush tropical resort ('lush' is a word which here means 'ravaged by zombies'), the game plays out like a more tense, violent version of Borderlands, with four different character classes and co-op throughout the lengthy story.
It's not without its flaws, but as one of the few games to get zombies right (albeit fast zombies, but we won't go into that here), Dead Island is a satisfyingly gory experience worthy of any survival horror or action-RPG fan's time.
VerdictRead the review
A sluggish interface, weak guns and a few dull sewers can’t slow this game down. Dead Island is huge, bloody and beautiful.
Latest on Dead Island
The first Dead Island had four classic playable characters, so we understand if Techland don't want to upset the balance. ...
- Win the Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC
- Dead Island banned in Germany
- Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC is out now
- Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC out next week
- Dead Island creators trademark Dead World
- The 10 best Dead Island mods
- Dead Island patch boosts level cap, nerfs zombies, adds new weapon mod blueprints
- Dead Island DLC delayed while devs fix bugs
- Dead Island's trailer getting its own movie. The game? Not so much
- Dead Island "Director's Cut" mod makes headshots vital. Leg and body shots: less so