UK Release Date:
US Release Date:
UK Publisher: Bohemia Interactive
US Publisher: Bohemia Interactive
Developer: Bohemia Interactive
Age Rating: ESRB Pending | PEGI Pending
Bohemia's long-awaited follow-up to Arma 2 moves the action to the near future, and the setting to the Aegean islands of Stratis and Altis (renamed from Lemnos, in order to distance themselves from the real Greek islands following the arrest of Bohemia staff Martin Pezlar and Ivan Buchta on espionage charges). It's a setting that covers nearly 300 km2 of terrain, and features over 50 villages with buildings that can be entered (or, if you hate doors with a fiery passion, destroyed).
The best part, however, is sure to be the game's new engine, which will render Bohemia's gloriously detailed military simulation in even greater detail.
VerdictRead the review
A significant step forward for the king of military simulation offset by inconsistent graphical performance.
Latest on ArmA III
While it offers an experience altogether different from the zombie violence of its sister-title DayZ, Arma 3 also looks to ...
- Arma 3 survival-horror mod 2017 releases new trailer
- Arma 3's second campaign episode is out now
- Arma 3 teases multiplayer content reveal: "Dream a little bigger"
- Simulation of the year: Arma 3
- "Make Arma Not War" modding competition launched with $680,000 up for grabs
- Arma 3 trailer escorts the release of the first free DLC campaign
- Arma 3 screenshots show scenes from the first campaign DLC, out October 31st
- The 10 best Arma 3 mods and missions so far
- New Arma 3 community guide tackles infantry and vehicle teamwork
- Arma 3 leaves Early Access, gets an official launch trailer