Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#11   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:51 PM

Also I vote no for the map reset. I think it's looking good right now, especially now that Spawn's been de-blinged.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:55 PM

i think new ranks are good. i was actully thinking we need more to myself the other day. so thx for tht.
    i alos agree with kitty tht if a reset is to happen it should be whne 1.7 released.
    but i would like to point out problems wit a map reset.
    first their will be a power scramble arcitect-builder. evryone wanting to found new citys or become powerful in these new citys. this will alos put accomplished citys like torchlight/TheCSE/hobbiton evolved to have to rebuild. ithink if a reset is to happen we should put accomplished leaders in charge of new citys and no new citys till intial madness is over.so wat im saying is their should be a lot of thinking and planing before a reset
    btw good job on rules jexx ilik most of them.
    and finally i think you should post the ranks evryone will be to clear the fog cuse idk if ima gona be an foreman/builder! u gota clear up these things before u instigate them.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 05:05 PM

Yeah, cities should be more moderated but only because they can get of hand like Dwarfhold did, Torchlight or Evolved have a much better structure now and they are mostly well planned and thought out.

But I built two cities, both of which I built while just a builder. Raz Collective and Oasis, and I had the freedom to build them the way I wanted to. I don't think we should take away that freedom from the server. I like both of my cities and I jump between them daily as I update and refurbish the buildings I constructed months ago, albeit with mod powers, it was only a week ago it was vanilla building techniques (with a fly mod).

We need to continue to let the server be as creative and imaginative as possible. Restrictions and excessive rules may hinder this.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 05:10 PM

i also juts thought of a good idea would it be possible to copy over all currently being used citys to teh new map in the case of a reset?
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 05:13 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jpang

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hugew92 View Post
    i also juts thought of a good idea would it be possible to copy over all currently being used citys to teh new map in the case of a reset?
    It is possible. That is what they did at the Jan. reset. Come cities were copied over. We could also do a partial reset. That meaning wipe out stuff that's not being used at all and have MC randomly generate something there.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 05:14 PM

i also think it might be a good idea to have the entire server all build the first city together before expansion. this would help heal peoples relationships with each other (for example lbatlas vs TheCSE) and give new users a chance to prove themselves (like Heruss)
    just an idea. i keep geting more lol
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by razazeal View Post
    Yeah, cities should be more moderated but only because they can get of hand like Dwarfhold did, Torchlight or Evolved have a much better structure now and they are mostly well planned and thought out.

But I built two cities, both of which I built while just a builder. Raz Collective and Oasis, and I had the freedom to build them the way I wanted to. I don't think we should take away that freedom from the server. I like both of my cities and I jump between them daily as I update and refurbish the buildings I constructed months ago, albeit with mod powers, it was only a week ago it was vanilla building techniques (with a fly mod).

We need to continue to let the server be as creative and imaginative as possible. Restrictions and excessive rules may hinder this.
    I don't see it being much of a restriction if you let anyone build 100x100 towns. Also Kernalk, we have the no 1-block tower rule now. I didn't make that rule.

I really don't think that normal builders should be able to start cities though. It feels unfair to VIPs/Architects who don't have much power at all, and most cities made by builders only last for 2 days anyway. As you put it, they log on twice and leave all their shit behind. Also, if anyone is creative enough to build a good city anyway, they normally become VIPs/Architects by then.

Also, the only reason I was trying to develop an economy was because of the people who insist on having stores. There are no reasons for having stores, but people make them anyway, so I was trying to develop an economy.

Also, I want a reset that has no copying+pasting of cities or anything. Why? It just makes the map look really ugly, I remember it in January.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 06-24-2011, 12:16 AM

I like the stores idea, they do seem silly the way they are now. An economy shouldn't be forced on people who don't want to play that way though. But if cities wanted to start their own trade methods I think that should be encouraged.

Is there a way to have an area reserved for new builders? Like corner 1, so it gives a chance to a builder to shine if they have abilities above and beyond the average builder. Then that person could be recognized as a VIP/architect and the open to build a city of their own? Because I agree that right now there is a lot of clutter, and if we were to have a wipe then we could avoid that from happening again.

So I'm open to all kinds of changes, these are just my specific thoughts on the matter.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 06-24-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by razazeal View Post
    I like the stores idea, they do seem silly the way they are now. An economy shouldn't be forced on people who don't want to play that way though. But if cities wanted to start their own trade methods I think that should be encouraged.

Is there a way to have an area reserved for new builders? Like corner 1, so it gives a chance to a builder to shine if they have abilities above and beyond the average builder. Then that person could be recognized as a VIP/architect and the open to build a city of their own? Because I agree that right now there is a lot of clutter, and if we were to have a wipe then we could avoid that from happening again.

So I'm open to all kinds of changes, these are just my specific thoughts on the matter.
    sure, that's acceptable. So, what are your official refines? Just copy the first post and modify it.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 06-24-2011, 12:45 AM

Small changes that I suggest... (in bold)

Default - Default : Same, but they should really have to prove themselves worthy of builder; rather than "Read the rules and get promoted".
    Builder- Same
    * I would remove foreman from the list*
    Architect - VIP : Ability to Start own cities with a warp to a central location. The right to make their own rules for the cities they found.
    Moderator - Same Powers *keep worldedit*
    Admin - Same powers
    *Remove the title of owner/overlord*

There should be around a 1:2 ratio of Admins to Mods. This would mean promoting some mods to admins and promoting some trust-worthy VIPs to mod.

Rule 1: Don't destroy other people's creations
    Rule 2: Don't build on other people's land without permission
    Rule 3: Leave Signs to designate your Land
    Rule 4: No stealing
    Rule 5: No 1 block towers
    Rule 6: Keep it PG-13
    Rule 7: Only VIPs/Architects can build a recognized city.
    *Remove Rule 8*
    *Remove Rule 9 and group it into a City Guideline to be provided to VIPs/Architects*
    Rule 10: Art (Statues, pixel art, etc.) must be in Art designated areas either in the wild or in cities
    Rule 11: Small Projects will be deleted if not worked on for 3 weeks *this would be hard to enforce*
    Rule 12: Large-scale projects will be deleted if not worked on for 2 months *also hard to enforce*
    Rule 13: Projects must have Name of Project, Username, start date, and the last day you worked on it. If finished it must have a sign saying 'Finished on: DATE'. *a Finished on DATE should not be required*
    *Remove Rule 14 and add to city guidelines to be provided to VIPs/Architects so they can come up with their own commodity for trade purposes*