Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Minecraft > US Server

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 05:30 AM

Default Rank and Rules Request

Planned Ranks:
    Default - Default : Same, but they should really have to prove themselves worthy of builder; rather than "Read the rules and get promoted".
    Builder- Same
    Foreman : Same as Builder, just gives a little ego boost to the person promoted
    Architect - VIP : Same, can't promote Builders to Foremans
    Moderator - Same Powers but w/o cuboid/worldedit
    Admin - Same powers
    Owner/Overlord/LordMikeon: Mikeon. Only Mikeon gets it

There should be around a 1:2 ratio of Admins to Mods. This would mean promoting some mods to admins and promoting some trust-worthy VIPs to mod. Moderators are more meant for promoting/demoting players and banning/temp banning when needed.

Rule 1: Don't destroy other people's creations
    Rule 2: Don't build on other people's land
    Rule 3: Leaves Signs on your Land
    Rule 4: No stealing
    Rule 5: No 1 block towers
    Rule 6: Keep it PG-13
    -NEW RULES IN DISCUSSION-

Last edited by Jexx; 06-25-2011 at 04:42 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:03 AM

i like it.
    BUT MY SHHITTY WALL! i think ur working for dem mongorians :P
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:05 AM

Tbh though I don't think we should reset the map until 1.7 so we at least get all the new features.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jpang

I am liking this, but I, along with Kitty, would be very happy if you gave us a warning a server reset, and I am trying to get a copying the map before reset. I think this will make the server way more organized.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by etnica View Post
    i like it.
    BUT MY SHHITTY WALL! i think ur working for dem mongorians :P
    ROFLMAO! Nice Southpark reference...
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 07:01 AM

i don't see the point of building from here until the next map if it's gunna be on 1.7. thats not that long from now.
    the whole point of the last map reset was because it was getting crowded with builds, not because of how long they were on the same map. there is still alot of space on this map, i think you should w8 the new map until the final update. thats somewhere in november right?
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 03:30 PM

Of the new rules, I think only 3 need to be addressed more fully before enacting them.

Rule 8 says you must be an architect to own a city. What defines a city? Is it because one person calls it a city, or three people do? Most of the VIPs on our server now were builders when they started their cities, so I don't think this rule is necessary. Let builders build and if they kick total ass, then we make them architects and they have more clout.

Rule 9 says, must get admin approval for city rules. Shouldn't city rules be the same as server rules, other than asking for permission to build in a city. So maybe rule 9 should be changed to, don't build in a city unless you get permission from it's founders.

Rule 10 says art must be in designated areas. I know we have a lot of ugly builds on the server, but there is some brilliant stuff too, and they didn't have these restrictions on where they were made. If we had a designated art area then their would be limits on what one could build, especially in size. I feel that people should be able to build in the "wild" wherever they find a space to accommodate their idea. Plus I think an Art area would look ugly with a mish mash of character art and other abstract builds. Maybe a mod or admin could copy and paste really exceptional art and put it into a gallery area.

Finally I think that the current rank system is fine as it is. Default, builder, VIP (architect), Mod, and Admin. We could change VIP to architect but other than that I think things work fine now, especially since defaults have to put in more effort to be promoted to builder.

I'm for erasing the map and starting new.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jpang

For me, almost all this looks great. But the thing that gets me are the names. It just sounds weird to have a rank called architect or foreman. I know this is a building server, but still... Also, I think the last rule can be changed. Because not everyone has lots of gold or diamond. At Evolved's store, we are trading people with whatever they have. Like they can give us some glowstone and we can give them netherrack, or whatever they want that seems like a fair bargain.

I also think that rule number 8 is good. But has to be rewritten and clarified. Cities and basically where people live, hang out, and spend their time with others, whether it be building, or buying. So a running city would have people living it them, whether it be premade apartments or custom homes. Also in our server, cities have warps. So I think that is fair to only have architect or above owning cities. Or else, random cities would be popping up everywhere and the server would be a mess.

Finally, I have to say that I'm skeptical about the server wipe. I don't want to lose everything that I have worked for.
    (Phew! Done! I'm typing this on my itouch)
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:30 PM

Truthfully Raza, I like the new ranking system more, seeing as Moderators have the SAME power as Admins, we just can't promote/demote people to mods. The Ranking system needs some changing.

And cities have some extra rules sometimes too Raza, like don't build in specific areas, houses have to be a certain size, you can't build with blocks out of their main theme. Things like that.

And Cities should be moderated more, we can't just let anyone build a city. It brings way too many cities to the table. Maybe I should also make it a rule that for a City to start it needs to have a founder and at-least 2 other people ready to start building in it. I'm also thinking of letting Builders/Foremans build towns on a limit of 100x100 space. I'm also thinking of getting replacement for owners of Towns/Cities that haven't been on for a month or 2.

Rule 10 can be changed to allow art in all 'wild' areas and in owner-allowed areas in a town.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2011, 04:46 PM

Why not let anyone start a "city"? As someone before me said, several of the current settlements were created by ordinary builders. Seems kind of élitist.

Also, there's an economy? First I've heard of it and I've been in and out for months. Seems currently people build with what they can find or bug an admin or mod til they provide all the materials gratis; I kind of like this although I can see it must have downsides too.

Far be it for me to object when I am but a lowly peon, but this sounds like an attempt to transition from a build server to an RP server to me.

Also - #5 - 1 block towers. Sure are ugly, I agree, but also useful. Handy placemarkers, navigation aids and construction points. "No 1 block towers" is an unenforceable rule unless everyone must be artful when they're just marking out territory. Careful of specificity in rules unless you're prepared to justify every single exception.