Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Wurm Online

#11   Report Post  
    Old 08-19-2010, 09:49 PM

For me, it's the slow pace of life.

No matter what you're doing, it takes time! You just kick back and watch the world slowly change before you, as you create a small slice for yourself.

At the moment, I'm enjoying the slow resurection of my island from the lake. I beats the hell out of my Barbeque Farm on GV! ;-)
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 PM

the people, the variety of characters you meet and become friends with, the ones you avoid/grief/get griefed by and general sense of a community which makes this game unique I believe.

In wurm making x and taking about the latest game or another game for a deathmatch just adds to it...
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 09-23-2010, 02:06 PM
    Insane Moderator

Best thing about Wurm, is standing back when all the major work is done and thinking, I helped do that. Sadly, it's too short lived.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2010, 02:03 AM

Community. It may be debatable now, [Im being honest theres alot of pants-on-head retarded people on kchat] but Wurm has had the best and most helpful community out there. Thats hard to find in most games.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 12-08-2010, 03:17 AM

I guess the best thing I like about the game is the building of community. The satisfaction you get when you know you are a part in something larger than yourself. Yela and I were welcomed into PCG on GV with open arms and helpful attitudes. That has continued on Freedom and we are grateful.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 01-16-2011, 11:59 AM

Living another life. It's a shame our real ones get in the way...

I was gonna start up in the village again but I dunno.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 03-14-2011, 04:05 PM

Default whats best for me!

Well, I thought I'd leave it a few weeks before answering this point. To me there is a clear winner!

The Community - I see some people slating this now, and maybe for them, "it's not the same" but for me, it's still very much a plus point about Wurm. I'll give three specific examples (bare with me folks!)

When I first visited Wurm Online, all I knew was that I wanted to get to PCG Village, as I subscribe the mag (still do!) and thought it would be a good place to start, so i followed the guide in these forums and got promptly killed by wolves just north of the Steppes! So, undeterred, I restarted back at The Howl and made it second time around. When I got there, I had nothing except the default tools and virtually zero skills. In stepped Fishmatrician, on that first night, he showed me around the whole village and let me use use house/bed/oven etc whilst I waited to officially join the village and skill up. I would probably have stopped playing without his help as you get frustrated very quickly as a newbie

As a second example, after a while of skill building and learning what on earth Wurm is all about, I decided to explore and then set up my own Settlement. I had lots of general help from those in PCG Village, got my Settlement form, and set off in to the unknown! I walked for ages, trying to find a suitable place, and struggled, got lost and completely disoriented, and whilst doing this I fell down a steep bank and got seriously hurt, but struggled on, then I happened along a random player, who could tell I was beaten up, so took me to his place nearby and patched me back to full health without me asking. He then made some suggestions as where to find a decent place.

The third and final example was once I arrived at my new home, I laid my token, and set about the task of making it fit for use. A big problem I had was that I mis-judged the distance to the nearest mine, and it was off deed, and I couldnt expand over to it. So I made contact to someone in my "local" who found a spot inside my deed and shifted half a mountain to allow me to get the mine active (as I didn;t have the skills to do it anytime soon.

So there you have it,three examples of Community spirit inside a real life span of about ten days.

Cheers
    Mark

Last edited by Solmark; 03-14-2011 at 04:36 PM.