Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#91   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 AM

Crysis 2, Alice Madness Returns, and Battlefield 3 pre-order are all available on Direct2Drive and GamersGate. And probably other sites. Fears of a giant EA Origin monster taking over the world may be a bit premature.
      #92   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2011, 03:18 AM
    Banned

this is what I think about u EA
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsJyfN0ICU&feature=related[/url]
      #93   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2011, 04:52 AM

I sense that [URL="http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/"]D2D [/URL]might be aiming to take the piss a bit. Note the big "Not available on Steam" labels all over the front page? lol

"Haha Steam, you lose your customers, we shall usurp them with the games that you don't sell."

Steam
      #94   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenTus_XL View Post
    They will lose one extreme hardcore BF gamer, if they are going to do such a reckless thing and not having BF3 on steam!

*edit: just made a profile to say that!
    Double edit/quote: Haters gonna hate
      #95   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to PatchRowcester Send a message via MSN to PatchRowcester Send a message via Yahoo to PatchRowcester

Wouldn't it be really messed up if every publisher decided to try their own online shopping place...? Man, imaging having to download 10 different apps and having to start a different one each time you want to play a game.

That is going to freakin nuts.
      #96   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2011, 10:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to [F(r)iend] Send a message via Skype™ to [F(r)iend]

Actually, It was announced that Valve is the one who pulled Crysis 2 from Steam. Apparently it has someting to due with a new licensing agreement with Crytek. EA aren't the ones who pulled the game.

On a less relevant note, I'm not entirely sure where all this hate for Origin comes from. How many people hating on Origin have actually used Origin/EADM in the last few months? It's really not that bad. I purchased Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 all via Origin/EADM. All 3 games run just fine, and it wasn't a huge hassle to download or anything. It lacks maybe the social networking of a service like Steam, but I was able to run shortcuts to all 3 through steam as non-Steam shortcuts. I can play games I bought using Origin in Steam, overlay and all. If EA decides to seriously compete with Valve and starts selling 3rd party games, I think Origin could provide stiff competition and a very viable alternative. I would suggest actually giving the service a shot before indiscriminately raging about it.