Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-09-2011, 10:06 PM

Default Cho'Gall down!

Great job guys!

Gtz to all

Steam ID: Jakhara

Follow me on Twitter: Jakhara1

PCG's PS2 Outfit on Steam: Here
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-09-2011, 10:09 PM

WOOOOOOO!
    sorry for my positioning in that picture, my computer was so shocked we got him down it booted me out the game ><

Spot on is the only way i can describe that last run seeing as we were all still standing at the end as well

The one shot of every boss on the way to give us the time (and overtime) to do that was also brilliant
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-09-2011, 10:13 PM

raid report:

we r good, me r happy.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 06-09-2011, 10:13 PM

WHOO, my first cata boss down

Love you Win <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

See ya when we beat Nelf to death
    Ulthaze the Astral Walker - 85 Goblin Tailoring Priest - PCG Alt

Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ulth

Last edited by Ulthrad; 06-10-2011 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Bad Grammar
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 06-09-2011, 11:27 PM

To slightly expand on Akee's succinct message, we started Cho'gall with a new tank (well done Ulthané), but most had seen the fight before. The first two or three attempts were more about repositioning and add containment.
    From then on, bar a couple of slack interrupts and failing to move out of danger, we made very good progress.
    From a healer perspective, it was very intense, particularly as we entered the last phase. Having a holy priest (Wyrmy) moving around and me (Coot) tank healing was working even if not conventional, due mainly to working out a proper mana conservation plan.

Having got the boss to about 6-8% on about 3 tries, we upped our game and got to within 21k of downing him. I dread to think about the howls of derision that thankfully weren't transmitted on Vent... If only Akee had got one last Redemption heal, we wouldn't have had another go!

At well past raid close, one more attempt finally got the job done.
    With the entire raid alive and both healers having 30% mana plus as we entered the last phase, it all looked good. Noone panicked, (noticeably, altho my heart was going like the clappers...) and work on the tentacles was going fine, with much "encouragement" from Akee!
    At about 2% a couple of DPS died quite quick, so the panic Tranquility popped, and everyone relaxed!
    Job done!

Great healing from Wyrmy kept us all going,
    DPS was great in the last phases, and with the adds,
    Akee never shouted once! Properly.

Must be a good raid

Gtz to Bimble on his Tier shoulders,
    Gtz to Isillindal on [url=http://www.wowhead.com/item=59487]Helm of Maddening Whispers[/url]
    Gtz to Leegund on [url=http://www.wowhead.com/item=59499]Kilt of Forgotten Battle[/url]

Did I forget someone? Hmm, maybe Goffik who did so much good work, he got disconnected in time for the most important part... the Screenshot!!! Well done m8

Steam ID: Jakhara

Follow me on Twitter: Jakhara1

PCG's PS2 Outfit on Steam: Here

Last edited by Jakhara; 06-09-2011 at 11:31 PM.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2011, 05:36 AM

sweet
    well done guys
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2011, 07:02 AM

FANTSTIC RUN!!

One shotting all upto Cho and then finally taking him down is such a good achievement guys!

Healing was....fun. Never ever had such an intense fight even LK was not that much of a heart beater.

Gratz to everyone, but as a healer special love goes out to ma druid homes Coot, I really should stop giving Doomy so much grief as im converted to druids ftw!

Bring on Nef and his bitchy sister.

Wyrmy
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2011, 07:58 AM

Great fun and a big achievement. Heroics here we come!

Sunday we should be able to clear BWD to Nef then Tuesday have a good stab at him. We probably only have two weeks before 4.2 hits.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 AM

Major Gratz guys well done especially to healers,looks like the Nefarion race is on.As for Hc's the stupid amount of damage on Halfus we encountered will make you cry,but its managable.You need super imba dps though
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 06-10-2011, 11:02 AM

raid 9th june, proper report, although coot did a good job

On raid:

Goffik, Ulthane, Coot, Wyrmy, Barkhoof, Oskrilyth, Isilindal, Leegund, Bimble, Belara, Hubi, Jecaa.

stepped out due to many signups: Dreigau

We had 12 players, so i rotated 2 out fo reach boss. Here is who skipped which boss:
    Halfus: Bimble, Hubi
    V/T: Bimble, Belara
    Ascendant Council: Isil, Leegund
    Chogall: Barker, Oskrilyth

One shot on Halfus (as it should be), V/T (which we are coming to expect), Ascendant Council (which was a pleasant surprise - gj ulthane for the first time seeing it all, and i think the difference is phase3 healing, so gj healbots).

That took us just over an hour, so we had a lot of time to work on Chogall himself.

I decided that last time we were here we (me really) worried too much about P2 positioning. I wanted to go for P2 without moving tte boss at all - less worries for the tank and healers about moving, and the dps dont have to think at all (which suits us).

We had a couple of goes to get used to the tentacle spawns - by now our phase 1 was very smooth - our hunters are fantastic on those adds, and our interrupts were getting better each attempt.

Once we had a rough plan for tentacle interrupts we were getting him very close (5/6%). After our 'final' attempt of the night got him to 21k health, we decided to go for 1 more which turned out to be succesful - everything frrom dispels in P2 to shadow crash avoidance and tentacle duties went silky smooth.

In the end the small things that helped were:
    -extra healing from leegund and ulthane, especially during shadows orders.
    -having a clear tentacle interrupt rotation ready, and being flexible with it.
    -having 2 healers that work together. there were lots of times when one healer would cover the other when mana was mismatched or a cooldown was used. nice play healers.

LOOTS:
    Mainspec:
    ulthane, leegund, jecaa, isilindal,
    Tier:
    Bimble
    Offspec:
    Isilindal, ulthane, Leegund.
    - quick note about tier loot. If you win a main spec piece you are still legible to roll on a tier item that raid. It stops peopel 'saving' their loot spot if they think they might get tier gear

Next up.
    sunday will depend on signups - it'll either be BWD farm or alakir. Start researching tictacs on Nef please, and also if you see firstcontact, give him a poke

GJ eveyone!