Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 05-29-2011, 09:27 PM

Default Raid log - 29 May

[url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dhdaemri30wlc2f2/[/url]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2011, 12:16 AM

report:

3 bosses dead. some peeps got loot.

full report later

Last edited by Akee; 05-30-2011 at 10:59 AM.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2011, 01:17 AM

Also 2 lovely and charming fresh faced guildies, me and Dudutroll were talked through the Conclave of Wind which went surprisingly well, didn't wipe, considering I have a legacy of wiping first time.

Thanks again to Win
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2011, 05:23 AM

Pah, Dudu's not fresh-faced, he's been dragging his rotting DK backside through raids as Archaedas since at least Late Night ICC :P.

It was a great raid, actually, we one-shot Conclave and Chimaeron very smoothly with new people, and we didn't even need Goffik's nipple for that. Next thing you know, we'll be killing Valiona and Theralion on a weekly basis :P
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2011, 05:00 PM

Raid 29th may.

On raid:
    Goffik, Firstcontact, Wyrmy, Barkhoof
    Dreigaui, Belara, Hubitrix, Jecaa

on raid just for conclave: ultahen, dudutroll
    on raid for alakir and chimeron: coot, bimble.
    not on raid due to too many signups: isilindal, surprise

So we went for conclave of wind first, I wanted to give ultahne and dud a look at it -we did fine and 1-shot it which is always nice when you do that with new players.

Swapped bimble and coot in for those 2 so we had people who had already been working on alakir.

We were finally entering phase 3 regularly, which is a really nice change. We tried having hubi delay the death of the first add a few seconds and that seemed to make sure that feedback stacks never fell off.
    Also I tried to emphasise a clean phase 1 and controlled phase2 - it massively helps out with phase 3 if you can get through the first parts of the fight without unnecessary damage.

We didn't seem to get very far in phase3 - so had a short break and came back with a 3-step plan for success.
    I asked everyone to rebind their 'fly-down' key to soemthing very convenient
    I asked everyone to watch Goffik as their reference point and not worry at all about dps
    Finally we tried moving from the bottom of the boss to the top then back to the bottom after every 2 lighning clouds - doing this gave us much more space to work in, so we didnt have to be so tight to the clouds.

In the end the first time we tried this we got it down, with only 3 palyers left standing

Really nice to finally get the boss cleared, it's taken us a long time, but it feels all the sweeter for it.

After that we quickly went to Chimeron to finish him up which was a nice 1-shot.

Plan for tuesday is BoT. Plan for next week is to start working on Cho'gall - read up, check videos, ask team awesome.

Loot form the raid:
    Mainspec: Ulthane, Goffik, Belara, Dreigau (I know I took an item but i was unable to use it so it got sharded )
    Offspec: Firstcontact

If anyone has screenshots, post them
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2011, 05:12 PM

Gz Win on killing Al'akir
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2011, 06:09 PM

Nice. I have read somewhere that the clouds do despawn after some time. Is that what was happening when you were going to the top after 2, then back down ?

Regarding Cho'Gall. One thing that makes it much easier is the macro that Doom found for us :

[CODE]/stopcasting
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast insertspellhere<<<<<<<<<<<
    /targetlasttarget [/CODE]

Discussion here : [URL="http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8082"]Useful Macro For Cho'gall [/URL]

Enjoy Cho'Gall. It is a great fight once you get the hang of it.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 05-30-2011, 08:59 PM

With and without nipple

Good raid guys, I think that last change for the movement in P3 was the killer blow.
    Makes it a bit easier following someone who can see the clouds as well if your struggling to see them yourself

I'm gonna sign up tentative for Tuesday again but this time it is a lot less likely i'll be able to make it as the moons are no longer aligned as they have been the past couple of weeks