Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DancingOmelette View Post
    PCG UK tend to tweet asking for questions before they podcat. Usually about TF2. There are games other than WoW and TF2 you guys!

We should have a poll somewhere to find out what percentage of readers don't care about those 2 games...
    the sad thing is i think the majority of people do care, otherwise they wouldn't be spending so much time on it. It's still the hottest game on PC unfortunately. I try to look at it from an entertainment news perspective. I could personally care less about Lindsey Lohan's jail time and what Britney Spears did with her hair but there are entire businesses that pay the bills off these topics.

WoW is the Lindsey Lohan of PC gaming. PC Gamer is the paparazzi. They give the majority what they want. All I ask for is some sort of WoW content level graph like the homeland security threat level chart.

I've been listening to audiobooks in the car and I noticed they show up with lines on the playbar in the display of my ipod. Each line is one chapter. I dont know if you can apply that to podcasts but it would be an earsaver if they could.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 PM
    PC Gamer staff

Smile

Quote:
    PCG UK tend to tweet asking for questions before they podcat. Usually about TF2. There are games other than WoW and TF2 you guys!

We should have a poll somewhere to find out what percentage of readers don't care about those 2 games...
    I think if we stopped talking about games based on the percentage of our readers who don't care about them, WoW and TF2 would be the only ones left.

Related to the topic - we're doing this with the UK one this week. Confining the TF2 stuff to a separate TF2 special, and leaving the general podcast for talking about a wider variety of stuff.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tom Francis View Post
    I think if we stopped talking about games based on the percentage of our readers who don't care about them, WoW and TF2 would be the only ones left.
    Oh I didn't really mean you should stop talking about them... I have to be realistic, they're big, popular, important PC games and you're PC Gamer, you have to talk about them. I just find it bothersome that large sections of most issues ramble on about these games I'm bored of hearing about. Of course you can't change that just to suit me... but you should goddamnit, I'm your most important reader!
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 AM

I'd be interested in TF2 if I had it...

...anyone got a bonus copy no strings attached?

#15   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lord Uber Dowzen View Post

...anyone got a bonus copy no strings attached?
    [crocodile hunter]

And here we see the rare PC gamer who does not own TF2... watch him as he grazes in his local habitat... learn his odd behavior and mannerisms.

[/crocodile hunter]
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 05:38 AM

If you want to hear us talk about stuff other than WoW or TF2, all you have to do is submit questions about other stuff!

Me, I'm innocent - I haven't played WoW or TF2 in ages. WoW because I got bored at level 55, and TF2 because I'm bad at it.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
    [crocodile hunter]

And here we see the rare PC gamer who does not own TF2... watch him as he grazes in his local habitat... learn his odd behavior and mannerisms.

[/crocodile hunter]
    It's 20 bucks gimme a break

#18   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dan Stapleton View Post
    If you want to hear us talk about stuff other than WoW or TF2, all you have to do is submit questions about other stuff!

Me, I'm innocent - I haven't played WoW or TF2 in ages. WoW because I got bored at level 55, and TF2 because I'm bad at it.
    I've never played WoW once... I win!
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
    I've never played WoW once... I win!
    For such a popular game, how can you be sure you won't like it if you haven't tried it?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lord Uber Dowzen View Post
    A PC Gamer interested in FPSs who has somehow managed not to come into ownership of TF2?! It's been in so many Valve bundles and on sale so cheap many times I'm somewhat amazed by this.

If you don't have that means you didn't get the orange box, and that means you have other problems... You may have got Portal seperately, such as when it was free, but I'm assuming you don't have the Half Life 2 episodes, which probably means you don't have Half Life 2, which you really really should.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:

A PC Gamer interested in FPSs who has somehow managed not to come into ownership of TF2?! It's been in so many Valve bundles and on sale so cheap many times I'm somewhat amazed by this.

If you don't have that means you didn't get the orange box, and that means you have other problems... You may have got Portal seperately, such as when it was free, but I'm assuming you don't have the Half Life 2 episodes, which probably means you don't have Half Life 2, which you really really should.
    OK, this is complicated to explain...

My brother bought the Orange Box when it came out and that's registered on his Steam account. I played HL2 and the episodes on hiss account (I also stupidly bought Peggle which I now can't play as I have my own account now). My Steam account is fairly recent and so the only Orange Box game on it is Portal. I did manage to nab all the Gold Source games by inputting one of the codes from my brothers Half Life pack. So to sum up, don't worry, I've played through HL2 at least 3 times.