Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-13-2011, 10:06 PM

Default Akala

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/akala.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-13-2011, 11:57 PM

Hmmm, whilst I don't agree with poring over stats as long as the job gets done. It is worrying to me that none of the cleric healers can reach the healing power of a mage with the chloromancer soul. Or am I just reading the figures wrong?

I know I have had a lot of problems healing dungeons as sole healer lately. Mainly due to the casting times of the best spells, as I prefer big heals in a Sentinel/Purifier build to HoTs like the Warden soul uses. My spell power is over 900, while my spell criticals are over 500, so I have no idea why my effectiveness is not on a par (or better) with a chloro mage.

Surely Clerics are supposed to excel at healing? Or are we just a utility class that is jack of all trades and master of none? I keep reading so many conflicting views on forums that the mind boggles lol.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Don't worry about it, I wouldn't mind betting that the EncHPS doesn't handle overheal and therefore the figures probably don't represent effective heals.

As a Chloro my overheal is likely to be high because all life damage results in a healing element. I set myself up to raid heal last night on Akala and so I suspect that my figures are high because its not taking into account that sometimes my healing output was targetted at the raid when the majority of us were at full or high health. You may well find that the clerics in the raid would come out with a better effective heal per second rating. I don't use stat counters so i've no idea what encHPS actually represents.

Getting the kill and enjoying the game are far more important than stats anyway

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doppel666 View Post
    Hmmm, whilst I don't agree with poring over stats as long as the job gets done. It is worrying to me that none of the cleric healers can reach the healing power of a mage with the chloromancer soul. Or am I just reading the figures wrong?

I know I have had a lot of problems healing dungeons as sole healer lately. Mainly due to the casting times of the best spells, as I prefer big heals in a Sentinel/Purifier build to HoTs like the Warden soul uses. My spell power is over 900, while my spell criticals are over 500, so I have no idea why my effectiveness is not on a par (or better) with a chloro mage.

Surely Clerics are supposed to excel at healing? Or are we just a utility class that is jack of all trades and master of none? I keep reading so many conflicting views on forums that the mind boggles lol.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2011, 06:53 AM

Also, as a purifier, I don't think it takes into account the shields, which contribute significantly to the survival of the tank, yet don't count as "actual" healing. One thing is certain though - I need better gear... <300HPS
    Boomshakalaka - 25 Rogue

Yup... I like alts....
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2011, 07:25 AM

I just dont like much these heal and dmg meters, as every class can somehow support others, its a teamwork and that is what makes it succesful, rift is perfect for that... Thats why I like to tank in deep warlord whenever is it possible and try best timing for my huge buffs to raid/group. Dmg meters forces ppl to go for more dmg, aoes etc instead helping others. Thats exactly what I hated in wow and quit it... dps and e-peen itemlevel is the only thing there what ppl care about.
    Therefore, If i was playing DPS i would use it to improve and test my own dps on training dumies, thats true.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2011, 02:44 PM

Aloha

I see you guys are dont like these stats I posted this for 1 reason: to compare yourself with the upcomin fights, I will post these as many as I can. Its only the results of a 65 MB combatlog therefore it does counts overheals and shielding, well it counts everybodys every single abilitys what have been used. If someone can link me a free datashare site I could upload the whole log in html format. Here is an examle:
    Airmid
    Healed (Out) - [Restorative Flame]

[CENTER]Time Attacker AttackType DamageType Victim Damage Critical Special
    21:58:43 Airmid Restorative Flame Unknown Elfthryth 647/ 1446 False 1446 overhealed[/CENTER]

@Airmid :there is no reason to compare different roles like u did with chloro mages/ clerics because each role has a different job isnt it? You can compare a baker and a butcher then come up with some numbers like 34 >11 but what is the point to do that? We had the task keep up the raid as a chloro, You had your own task to keep up the tank. Akala dies job done.

All in all if you dont like these stats and not willing to improve yourself (and I meant not the gear but your "mad skillz") I wont post them here.

thanks for reading, and sorry for my horrible english, hope some of you understand me

have a nice day
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2011, 07:02 PM

I think people are worrying about their HPS without reason because it all comes down to what your role is. If you're a tank healer your HPS will be a lot less then somebody raid healing with AOE heals & HoT's. As long as people you are assigned to heal don't die and the raid accomplishes what it was meant to then you don't need to be so worried and spend time analysing things, it's when things go wrong that you need to do that.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-15-2011, 10:32 PM

The main thing I don't like about these stats is that it feels like a public humiliation if somebody is underperforming, regardless of whether we do the job etc.

I don't mind if a GL personally does this and whispers a member to see if they can improve their dps/hps etc, but putting stats publicly for all to see veers the guild towards the "hardcore" mentality, which I am opposed to. This guild is about fun, and stats are meaningless unless someone is not pulling their weight, which is obviously not the case with the members of this guild.

I couldn't care less if I was the best/worst healer. I do not have an "elite" mentality, and the game for me is not a competition. I'm more interested in us all getting better gear, and letting us all play around with builds etc to see how comfortable we are using them. Stats just lead us down the slippery slope of making others feel inadequate. Please keep them to yourself if you feel it helps you. I'm sure if others want to know, they will record their own stats or ask about builds etc.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
    The main thing I don't like about these stats is that it feels like a public humiliation if somebody is underperforming, regardless of whether we do the job etc.

I don't mind if a GL personally does this and whispers a member to see if they can improve their dps/hps etc, but putting stats publicly for all to see veers the guild towards the "hardcore" mentality, which I am opposed to. This guild is about fun, and stats are meaningless unless someone is not pulling their weight, which is obviously not the case with the members of this guild.

I couldn't care less if I was the best/worst healer. I do not have an "elite" mentality, and the game for me is not a competition. I'm more interested in us all getting better gear, and letting us all play around with builds etc to see how comfortable we are using them. Stats just lead us down the slippery slope of making others feel inadequate. Please keep them to yourself if you feel it helps you. I'm sure if others want to know, they will record their own stats or ask about builds etc.
    I completely agree, this shouldn't be posted on here, keep it for your own personal use if you want to know your own DPS/HPS.
    The ONLY people that should be seeing things like this are leaders to analyse "if and when" needed if raids go wrong etc.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-16-2011, 12:33 PM

Cool

Quote:

In an other thread I commented on my loathing of damage meters but glad to see my damage in the top 3. And think could have been a tad more if not supervising the raid (that's my excuse and Im sticking to it ) But certanly want to build on it.

I would not mind if the Zsolex PMs me after each queen raid so I can look at the stats. As I well know my souls are not the best damaging souls for a mage but at the present I'm realy loving the class but will be trying others.

As for humiliation don't forget some members only have hit 50 in the last week and one member came who was 49 to fill spots we needed filling. I'm very grateful for every one that turned up for the raid. Although Id rather people start asking questions when I'm trying to explain the tactics, its distracting for me and for people to follow the instructions.

On which point I think people hitting 50 should be working though normal, T1 and T2 ready for T3 when we have people enough. And I don't mean jumping levels soon as you can but to learn there craft and know the instances better.