Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 04:53 PM

Default Mining Op - 6pm Thursday

So, anyone up for a mining op Thursday evening? All proceeds to the corp (we need the isk), bring any ship you want. Not exactly sure of the location yet, I'll probably scan down a grav site near HQ nearer the time. If we all meet there, I can warp us to the site.

I don't think we have any serious miners yet, and I doubt we'll manage to strip an entire belt without any exhumers/orca, but maybe we can manage half a belt full of Veldspar.

Also, if anyone has perfect refine, let me know - if not, I'll probably sell the ore instead, Veld generally goes for a decent amount. Hopefully we'll make a nice profit

Also also, do we have a TS/vent server set up? No matter if not, but it'll come in handy if we go on any pvp roams in future.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 05:26 PM

I'm levelling up mining and refining, but 6pm on a week day is a bit early due to work and other stuff.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 05:38 PM

I'm intending to make a career out of mining so I'd love the chance to go on a corp mining excursion.

However, like Belimawr, 6pm is a bad time for me. perhaps 7-8pm would better suit people?
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 08:25 PM

Ah, of course, sorry - I forgot not everyone is a lazy student like me who spends all day lazing around at home doing fuck all :P

Would 10pm be a better time for people? I'll probably be busy mid-evening, so that would be better for me. If not, we can do it Friday/the weekend instead.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 07:20 AM

I suggest 7:30pm kick off.

I'll bring Bimbley who is now certified to fly a Mining Barge, unfortunately I don't have the skills for Mining Crystals yet. I also might try and bring Kondlee who has a Hoarder with 11K capacity.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 11:33 AM

i MAY be around at 7:30 (my log ons are sketchy due to pregnant wife), if you're going low/medium sec let me know and although i can't mine i can bring a nice pvp (assault frigate) ship to run security

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spatula View Post
    i MAY be around at 7:30 (my log ons are sketchy due to pregnant wife), if you're going low/medium sec let me know and although i can't mine i can bring a nice pvp (assault frigate) ship to run security
    Medium sec? Do you mean 0.5-0.7/8? Because I've never heard of medium sec. The only difference between the low and high Empire space is belt rats. And a mining barge should be able to tank them while drones deal with them. If you mean for can flippers, they can happen in any sec, and I wouldn't go after them in an AF. They probably have bigger nearby.

And I wouldn't recommend mining in anything other than high-sec. The ores just aren't worth it (literally from what I can remember.) Then there's the risk of pirates. Really not something worth trying.

If I'm back from a job interview (three hours away by train,) which I should be seeing as it should be finished by 12, I'll try probing out some nice Gravimetric sites for you to plunder.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 11:53 AM

As some of us are new I suggest somewhere close to home.

Afterwards we can either sell the ore or refine and sell the minerals which ever is the better deal. I have refining V and refining IV on all the high sec ore so I will be able to work out what is best.

I suggest the proceeds are split 50/50 so 50% to corp wallet and the 50% split between everyone who contributes. I want to make sure we all have enough ISK for ships and upgrades.

#9   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 12:53 PM

I added a event to the calendar, I would like us all to get used to using that to organise events. Click the clock in the bottom left of the UI to see the calendar.

Last edited by Bimble; 07-20-2010 at 12:58 PM.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
    Medium sec? Do you mean 0.5-0.7/8?
    Quote:
    And I wouldn't recommend mining in anything other than high-sec. The ores just aren't worth it (literally from what I can remember.) Then there's the risk of pirates. Really not something worth trying.
    yeah i was reffering of .4.5.6 really and you're right i was probably being a twat...

Well i've often found the presence of an AF can deter some opportunistic strikes, but i'm probably getting myself muddled as last mining security i did was in w-space me in an AF, with 3 cloaked BC's nearby (myrms). worked a treat.

just ignore me- probably safer.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com