Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2010, 07:35 AM

if you're gallent drone skills are a must. they're where your damage comes from.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2010, 08:42 AM

I quite like the play of the Gallente frigates with bonus to drones and hybrid turrets though I'd like to try out the larger ships and see their style of play as well. In most MMO's I've often played as a tank and may do that with a battlship at some point in the future.

Ofc my non-combat career will most probably focus on mining/manufacturing but the way I see it everyone still needs to be equipped for corporation war
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-21-2010, 09:18 AM

well due to the gallente's drone bonuses you can set up some mean tanks, with the added bonus that you can keep your high slots free for extra usefuls ( for example i almost never include a gun of anysort on my gallent ships, instead i fit drone nav comps, remote reppers and other useful trinkets in the top slot. this leaves all your mids and lows for one hell of a tank.

my domi can solo all lev 4's, some 5's and all class 3 wh's (except one site, which is a bitch even in class 3, forget the name).

for pvp though i'd reccomend cheap, quick frigs/cruisers. spending a lot on a good tank only to get popped by sheer numbers is no fun at all.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com