Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Eve Online > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 01:37 PM

Default Ship Types/Capabilities

Right, I'm planning to organise various ops for corp members to help raise some isk for the corp (and to have fun), so in order to decide exactly what should be done (mining? wormholes? lowsec roams? etc), it would be good if everyone could post their capabilities in this thread, so I know what people can and can't do.

I also think we ought restrict this forum to corp members only. Once we grow a bit, and when we get involved in wars or other pvp (and it is a when, not an if), the last thing we want is for non-members to be able to use our forums to gather intel (not just on ship types, but on planned ops, locations, etc).

Anyway, heres what I can fly/do:
    [LIST][*] Fly all Gallente T1 ships, up to and including BS[*] Fly all T2 frigs (interceptors, covops, AF, etc), with the exception of stealth bombers (no missile skills)[*] I can cloak (so covops), and have good exploration skills, and I can also fly transports - which means I can fly and fully fit a Viator for moving goods to/from lowsec/nullsec.[*] I can fly mining barges, up to a retriever. Not great, but better than nothing :P[*] I'm also able to fly freighters. I've never managed to afford one though.[*] I can manufacture all T1 items - so if anyone needs something built, I can do it.[*] I can also fly HACs, interdictors, and one or two other random ships.[*] I have fleet command skills: L5/WC4/4/4/4/4[/LIST]
    How about everyone else?
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 02:08 PM

On the character I'm joining with, nothing yet. I'm happy to help out with the others, I just don't want to leave my corp.

On my alt with good sec status:
    [LIST][*] All Gallente except Command Ships.[*] Minmatar up to T2 cruisers.[*] Maxed cov ops/probe skills.[*] Mining barges (no, I'm not going to).[*] Freighter and transport ships.[*] Perfect build for T1.[/LIST]
    Low sec only:
    [LIST][*] Carrier, available for transport if you can provide fuel and cynos.[*] Caldari T3.[*] All Gallente and Caldari except Command Ships.[*] Amarr up to T2 cruisers.[/LIST]
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 02:10 PM

good idea mate.

i'm fully convops capable.
    can fly attack frigates, 1 skill off hacs.
    almost maxed my BS skills.
    almost maxed my drone skills (my heavies move as fast as lights now, and i'm nearly at t2 sentries)
    basic trading skills.
    half trained for tech 3- need to get 3 more skills to lev 5 (most att 3) and then do the subsystem specific ones.

i also have excellent pve builds for domi and myrm. i soloed clas 3 w/holes in my myrm.

-------
    An irreverent look at gaming, and film; www.TheFunTurret.com
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 06:02 PM

I have:
    [LIST]Well... Nothing really.[/LIST]
    I've only just getting out of the tutorial phase and don't really have an awful lot, particularly skill-wise. I'm thinking of heading into some sort of Industry, possibly Mining/Refining or Manufacturing though Exploration and Salvaging is also tempting.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 06:43 PM

Should learn how to fly frieghters. they come in handy.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 06:45 PM

I am fully certified for Gallente Cruiser and can train BS and BC. I am working on the certs for BS. I have Refining V, all basic ore IV. And lots of misc skill. Call me Jack of all Master of none

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-17-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dswtor View Post
    Should learn how to fly frieghters. they come in handy.
    they really dont unless you have a main account who is unable to get into highsec/is a miner with no way to transport ore.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 07-19-2010, 04:36 PM

I've got the certs for Minmatar frigates (T1), Destroyers and Industrials. Other than that I've got a bit of a mish mash of other skills at the moment. I'm going to focus on getting the fitting skills up to scratch and then I'll probably move on to cruisers next.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 12:02 AM

I've got Minmater frigates and destroyers. I am working on building up, but my skills have been going to better pvp with rifters, with T2 frigs especially spec ops (cloak/jump).
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 PM

I've got Gallente Frigate at level 3 and Destoyers at 1. Been mostly training combat stuff, with a few other bits and pieces. Considering working on drone skills next.