Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > ArmA 2

#1   Report Post  
    Old 04-30-2011, 04:12 PM

Default Settings

Playing last night was awsome, But i was wondering if there was certain settings that i need to turn off or on to make my game run smooth as butter. First Time playing last Got me hooked so i will be back for more. Any help at all would be great.

Intel i-5 , 8gb ram, Ati 6870.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 05-01-2011, 11:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to sileter Send a message via MSN to sileter Send a message via Skype™ to sileter

i would say for your rig whicfh is pretty similar to mine have a gts450 instead of a 6870 turn postprocessing down it likes to rape frame rates well it did on my pc
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 05-17-2011, 12:09 PM

If you want to tweak your arma performance (i've had to do some reading on this as i've just finished playing through the harvest red campain in CO) check out the BIS forums. There are a couple of good tweaking threads on there. The basic jist of them is to change the startup shortcut so it looks like this:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C START "ArmA 2 OA" /high "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxmem=2047 -mod=@ussocom

What that does is run the ArmA 2 OA process in high priority, disable the splash screen and disable world loading on the menu screen. It also sets the processor affinity and the amout of extra threads that ArmA 2 OA can use for I/O access. It also loads the US SOCOM mod that adjust some of the textures, removes the motion blur and few other things that improves performance and finally tells it how much memory it can use.

On my system these tweaks have helped with performance emensely in both ArmA 2 and OA and i would reccomend them to every one.