Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift > General Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 06-15-2011, 11:07 AM

Default Almost there...stay on target

Hi,

Last night I wandered in the direction of bed with Aelric (my cleric) a couple of thousand XP short of level 48. If I put a bit effort tonight I may well make 50...

So, the question is...what do I do now? Well actually it's not as I do have a vague idea...but to get to specifics:

Are there any tips on gearing up?
    As a cleric I am probably going to spend my time being a healer, so what sort of builds are people using for healing? I have experience playing a Disco priest in that other MMO so I was going to go for purifier as a main soul but I can see other concepts too...what are people finding the most effective?

Also, I know I can effectively DPS as a cleric is it possible to tank using the Justicar soul?

Cheers - TeabagSalad
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 PM

I'm a cleric, but seeing as it's one of the most versatile classes, it can get a bit confusing. I've gone with sentinel and purifier for my healing spec with 0 points in warden. I'm having a lot of problems with mana regen though.

I grouped with a cleric tank yesterday and initially thought he was a warrior class as his race was bahmi. He was very effective, and I should've asked him what his build was but I think justicar is the main tanking soul for cleric.

I've specced for ranged dps too with justicar, purifier and cabalist but finding taking damage a problem without a shield even though there's healing spells.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 PM

Talk to Air as he is a healer in raids ect. The greatest thing about this game is how versatile each spec is but also the worest part as so many combo's. Gratz if you made 50 today as won't be on till wens.
    As to gear ect you'll have to start off in normals unless you are overloaded with dosh to buy the gear you need for T1's. Not a prob as we can and will get you through some normals