Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Win

#1   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2011, 09:54 PM

Default Win raid 17.4.11 report and logs

[url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q7nd9t9zg9dum0mb/[/url]
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 PM

On Raid

Teutonic, Narci

Barkhoof, Wyrmy, Urumquette

Holytortilla, Belara, Hubitrix, Asoukuri, Leegund

Asoukuri stepped out at 9.00for Jecaa

2 Wipes on Chimeron, was just a case of execution really, Uru had never healed boss before but no problems once he got the hang of it and we facerolled.
    I joined for Atramedes and it's been along time since we were there - after some rustiness (from me as much as anyone - curse you invisible wall!) we got it down pretty smoothly.
    Went to V/T which proved too tricky - went with 4 healers, but we lost 2 dps and the enrage timer squished us - it's a fight we should have under more control, and it's starting to piss me off that we can't take it smoothly. Oh well - back there on tuesday followed by Twilight Council.

Loots Bile-o-tron nut tanky ring to Teutonic, and finkle's mixer upper, that no one wanted so it was DE'd

Maloriak Narci won Ironstar amulet tanky neck and Holytortilla won Mantle of roaring flames.

Still not sure if we'll have a raid this thursday - i'll ask peeps tonight! If not our next raid will be the thursday after easter (28th)
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2011, 12:25 PM

I really really enjoyed being your Tankadin. I don't know what your singups are like tonight, but I'll be sure to be online if you need some help.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2011, 01:43 PM

You seem to have the same issue with V/T as Awesome has with atramedes. We know the fight and we have done it enough times before but every week it takes us a few messy wipes before we get the hang of it and get it down. Its ridiculous but we are now starting to get better at it (normally only 1 or 2 wipes now).

Just keep at it. It will click into place soon enough and you will one shot it every week!
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2011, 01:57 PM

The biggest problem I've seen for Team Win on V&T is the ranged group taking excessive damage, and individuals dying to meteors. The ranged group really need to move as soon as Theralion turns to face them, not once the ground is covered in a void zone. Likewise, you need to remain closely stacked to spread the meteor damage. If you have Engulfing Magic, moving away is good, but staying with the group and just not casting is much more helpful (it's best just to move a short distance away, stop casting, and return to your group once your DoTs and HoTs are all ticked off). If you ever find yourself separated from your group during a Theralion phase, you're likely to be in srs trouble pretty fast.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2011, 02:04 PM

Also if you raid with two mages (which you obviously often do) then you can deal with engulfing magic if it lands on them very easily simply by iceblocking it. Infact as a Fire Mage I would encourage that, especially if you have just popped combustion - with LB, Ignite, Pyro's DoT and combustion up that is alot of DoTs, and combustion ticks extremely fast, so unless you are super quick at getting out you can blast the ranged group with multiple ticks in quick succession if you get EM at an inappropriate time - this is a good time to go "OLOLOL ICEBLOCK HAR HAR" as it will remove the debuff.

Last edited by Cataclysmic; 04-19-2011 at 02:06 PM.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2011, 03:16 PM

Bubbling has a similar effect, which I was very pleased to discover.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2011, 04:22 PM

I've tried going BM for this fight, since survival dots can be lethal if you get engulfing magic at the wrong time, and the frequent movement will gimp MM. I'm wondering, though, does anyone know how the twilight meteors are targeted? If a hunter has to stand out from the group, will feigning until their dots tick off stop them from being targeted?
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    You seem to have the same issue with V/T as Awesome has with atramedes. We know the fight and we have done it enough times before but every week it takes us a few messy wipes before we get the hang of it and get it down. Its ridiculous but we are now starting to get better at it (normally only 1 or 2 wipes now).

Just keep at it. It will click into place soon enough and you will one shot it every week!
    I was thinking the same thing Aph

Do you use the 2 ranged groups for Theralion phase? Since we adopted a 1 ranged group for that phase, the fight has been easy. No more trying to guess whether it is your group or the other he will target with the purple patch. As soon as he turns his head you know it is coming and can move.

Thanks for the info regarding Iceblock cata. Never thought to use it when I got engulfing magic. As you say. Fire mages have so many dots rolling that the debuff ticks like anything.
    Must remember to use iceblock more often for things. I like to use it on Maloriak when he freezes me
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2011, 06:20 PM

WE go with one ranged group. Blink works for amges just as effectively as ice block - as long as you're not facing a stupid direction. AS long as you get back to a group fast you are fine.
    I think you're right that our void zone movement is slow - we're reacting rather than anticipating.