Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 PM

Default specific questions on the guild/game

considering giving this game and your guild a go but had some specific questions first.
    1. I will be a dabbler and not a hardcore player. Honestly I expect if you added up the resources I would be adding to the guild and subtracted what I would be using (depending on how resources are divided up in game) there would be a net loss for the guild. Is this going to be a problem? I have experience in eve and I am not looking for a second job....(still can't believe the mmo of the year for eve game is a second job and not high on the fun scale at all)

2. How much RP and pvp does the guild engage in? These are the things that attract me most to the game.

Game specific questions:
    1. How balanced is the pvp?
    2. The rifts are they possible to avoid if you are doing something you want to complete and don't want to be bothered with a week diversion?

Thanks for your answers!
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-22-2011, 08:15 PM

1. So far we have no guild storage that I know of, and all players are self sustaining with their crafting. There is trade between players, but nothing organised guild wide. Your point on resources is therefore not applicable.

2. We are on a PvE server, not RP, so I doubt you will see much RPing going on.

3. There are many players who are getting into the PvP side of the game though. The PvP is still in its early development, and with the huge amount of soul combinations makes it difficult to perfectly balance. At this stage, there are certain classes that do seem to excel at PvP and this will be a work in progress to balance.

4. You can avoid Rifts a lot of the time, but eventually if players do this the invasions will overcome quest hubs and NPCs will be gone. So far I have found no hassle getting on with the game if I wish to avoid Rifts, there are always plenty of players defending the area from invasions. However, you will find Rifts are the high point of the day to day gaming, and the rewards/xp you get from them really do supplement the normal levelling.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-22-2011, 10:34 PM

the thing I don't get is I got this as I like to try all MMO's, but people sell this saying the Rifts make it interesting and different, but I played to level 12 so far (I realise I'm not that far in) and the rifts, footholds and attacks on settlements are that common you are basically tripping over them and after a while they just seem to become part of the background so you stop seeing them as special.

it may just be me but I'm not really see what is so special about the rift system.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2011, 03:22 AM

Default follow up

I assume eventually you will have a guild house of some type and storage right? Would a casual player be a problem at that point? Thanks for the info on the rp servers. If they actually have some may look into having at least one character on one of those servers as well (assuming you can do that).
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    the thing I don't get is I got this as I like to try all MMO's, but people sell this saying the Rifts make it interesting and different, but I played to level 12 so far (I realise I'm not that far in) and the rifts, footholds and attacks on settlements are that common you are basically tripping over them and after a while they just seem to become part of the background so you stop seeing them as special.

it may just be me but I'm not really see what is so special about the rift system.
    Alot of its opinion, personally I dont think the game is amazing or particularly different. I do find it fun and the comming across a rift jumping in with some random people, is a cool co-op experience for me. I can see why others would become abit sick of them once the novelty wears off.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zaldar View Post
    I assume eventually you will have a guild house of some type and storage right? Would a casual player be a problem at that point? Thanks for the info on the rp servers. If they actually have some may look into having at least one character on one of those servers as well (assuming you can do that).
    Id assume some sort of guild bank function will be brought into the game at some point. Most games have different guild ranks to set up bank permissions. Think they're two rp servers 1 pvp / 1 pve. You can have multiple chars on different servers.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-24-2011, 04:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Thunderchild82

Guild banks are on there way soon, PvP while very fun can be frustraiting with some classes being abit strong at the moment. But group pvp on vent with guildies is awsome and very fun. Casual players are very welcome we dont expect you to be on all day everyday as we understand ppl have real lives to live .

So you are morethen welcome to join us, Just go to the Char registration thread post ur details and pm my (Talizora) or Olgit in-game for an invite.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-27-2011, 05:34 AM

Zaldar don't worry mate come and join the fun, I'm not a hardcore player myself as Olgit, Bimble ect will tell you from the WOW guild. As to PVP it is much better in my opion that wow's and even more fun if with a guild member. on friday I was in Black garden with a guildie who is a cleric, they kept me alive when needed and I provided some of the protection when they had the fang end result we won 2/3 black gardens on the trot. only thing to bare in mind like wow more p,layers seem to play gardians (ie good guys so to speak) than defiants (us evil doer's). But on the whole the game is fun and at this time better than wow.......................roll on the big invasion at end of month with 1st big patch.
    So come be a casual player mate and have fun thats what the games all about