Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > DC Universe Online

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2011, 10:06 PM

Exclamation well so much for that...

Guys im afraid this is the end at least until SoE get a grip on there bugs and content and fix the game we were paying for.

as of the 01/04/11 my account ends, this does NOT mean i wont be back but as far as im concerned SoE has put out a substandard gaming experience and the only thing that has kept me playing is the incredible PCG community

sadly a chatroom with a DC theme is not what i signed up for and although i hate to leave i cannot justify the cost for something i simply ONLY log into to chat and spend a few hours raiding per week.

i love you guys but im sorry the game simply isnt worth it.

big love to you all and i hope to see you in the rest of the forum

Last edited by Aries; 03-25-2011 at 06:53 AM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2011, 10:18 PM

I understand exactly where your coming from there is not enough players to keep, the game alive it is a masive shame I love the game play and the community.

It needs more content, i think a server merge would be helpfull to increase the player base, but the bugs are a massive issue. There has been a lot of disscustion on the vent channel about what is wrong. I do feel sorry that the game is coming to an end.

I my account has just renewed so I have a month left, and i will see how this comming month pans out before i make my final desition but i am not letting to subscription auto renew at the moment
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 AM

Same here, after my 3 month subscription runs out I won't be renewing it - there simply isn't enough content to justify the subscription fee.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-24-2011, 10:49 AM

Quite sad really. I dont want to move, but i do feel that i would get better value for money.

I just feel that it got rushed out too quickly, and now their playing catch up by attempting to release more content each month, which they havent delivered. No GM support, and end content has been reached within 3 months. I just simply dont know what else is there to play for other than the PCG community that im happy to be apart of.

My sub runs out on the 26th, and since im not around on the weekend, i guess ill see you on vent. steam :¬)
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-24-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zanven View Post
    Same here, after my 3 month subscription runs out I won't be renewing it - there simply isn't enough content to justify the subscription fee.
    Ditto. Wish they'd done a better job of release instead of early releasing something that is essentially still in beta.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Sam St. James Send a message via MSN to Sam St. James

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zeratul View Post
    Ditto. Wish they'd done a better job of release instead of early releasing something that is essentially still in beta.
    Yeah... it's not even the bugs, that totally bug me (lol yeah) although they are annoying, it's the lack of things to do. I think they just didn't expect people to play that "hardcore" and reach 30 within a week or at max two, burning through the alerts and duos when farming for their gear.

But I totally agree with what was already said. Cya guys around then somewhere else I guess.

Last edited by Sam St. James; 03-24-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: additions
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-25-2011, 08:51 PM

After playing 53 MMORPG's, I have concluded that even that which evolves,has a prime shelf life, after which only the polarized stay behind.

It's been Real. It's been Fun. It's been... REAL FUN.

With the server dwindling down to a point where only the socially savvy make it big, with initiative, I see PC Gamer's dominance in the raiding scene vanish over night like the Great Mayan Empire.

How did a league, that practically had server first kill on Brother Eye, manage to just role over and die over night?
    It's not only the game's fault. It's a lack of initiative and vision. A lack of a present guild leader, for who's organizational association we fight for, and a lack of consumer confidence in a unique innovation. I'm sorry ,but unique innovations always have and always will be flawed in it's early days. When everyone has a job and starts weighing the cost/fun ratio, whilst their having a hard time finding a team for a lot of instances for a heavy grind, and on top of that don't like the heavy grind, quitting will inevitably be just a matter of time in any given scenario on any MMORPG. I find the game's flaws to be another layer of "challenge" because I know everyone else goes through the same challenges, and that for me makes the "race to glory" all the more glorious. It's like racing on a mud-course. Ain't fair if you don't know where all the pitfalls are. It's all about negotiating the terrain.

As for DCU, with Ignitia and Zeratul leaving, and Falco long missing, it's time to salute the sinking boat and join an aircraft carrier, as my race continues still.

On Rift however, I'll see you folks.

Last edited by Lythandra; 03-26-2011 at 03:40 AM.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 PM

I think the problem Is that people were just paying a monthly fee to raid once or twice a week. I agree with the lack of things to do and am yet to see constant monthly updates.

I have only recently sorted my internet out at home however to fully support DCUO I had to drive home from college every time I wanted to play. This was putting a strain on my wallet further by adding a further 85 miles to my weekly drive.

I had come to the conclusion that I would have to pass leadership onto someone who has more access to the game then I did, something which I was about to announce. However after seeing this thread It looks like it might be harder then I think.

Can someone give me current active numbers in the League?

i7 2600k 4.6Ghz (Corsair H80 Water Cooling)
    8GB Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz
    Asus P8Z68 V - PRO Motherboard
    MSI GTX 580 Lightning (Factory Overclocked)
    LG 22x DVDRW Generic
    1TB Western Digital 7200RPM 64Mb Cache
    60GB Adata SSD (OS)
    850W Corsair Enthusiast PSU
    Bit Fenix Colossus Case
    Dell 23" LED IPS Monitor
    Razer Black Widow Ultimate / Razer Naga / Razer Megalodon

Add me on Steam

Check out my new Youtube Channel for SC2 Casts and game playthroughs!
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 04-10-2011, 08:19 PM

I and a few others have had the problems. It seems that nearly 50% of people didn't renew their sub when their first one month free expired. I however gave this game a chance, I signed up to a 3month sub deal along with 3 other people. And now we're all cancelling until Sony can get this mess sorted. I'm not paying just to redo the same duos and raids over and over again. Why the hell bother? The level cap was easily reachable and after that it was pretty much a rinse and repeat. The content wasn't delivered on time (Both Valentines and the St Patricks one, Hell, the Valentines was bugged) I don't know why Sony don't merge, it's really idiotic and i don't believe it's because of 'technical issues'

It's a shame really i really loved this game. The game play was really refreshing and i really had lots of fun when i was leveling up with my friends, however when that was over and done with everything went down hill. Unless Sony don't improve their services i won't be coming back.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 PM

The mad thing is, I know loads of people playing it on PS3. It seems to have a very active community (or at least the narrow group of people I call friends seem to be talking it up a lot).

Why has it failed so bad on PC?

It's a great game. Sure it needs expanding, but it's only a few months old and they've added 2 updates already. Expecting/promising monthly updates was a bit silly really, given the problems mmo's ALWAYS have when released into the world.

So, I have to ask myself why did I stop playing? What indefinable x-factor did it lack?

I stopped mainly because the player base vanished. I'm a social mmo-er and I like a busy server.
    But that wasn't the only thing and I can't pinpoint what it was.

Thoughts?