Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-22-2011, 10:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mythiey Send a message via Skype™ to mythiey
    Default Mage Builds - Leveling and Instance

Hello ladies

Leveling build

Souls - Necromancer (37) / Warlock (21) / Dominator (8)
    [URL="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zwvs.E0cxAtk0c.xe0A.xc"]Build Link[/URL]

The Most important part of this build is the following talents from the necro tree -

Soul Purge - heals both you and the pet, while dammaging the mob (requires charge to use)
    Ancient Tomb - gives the bet tank pet for necro and also allows access to a mage pet for (dps in instances and pvp)

rotation -
    Necrosis
    Essence Link
    Plague Bolt x3 (or untill charge is full)
    Soul Purge

this build also allows the mage to use it's own health to heal its pet, or others with in group/raid, taking this along with the spell to drain own health or mana, and then gain health back via the pet doing dmg and using soul purge makes your down time almost nil.

you can also instant summon a pet if your pet does die, and with the dominator soul you are able to CC (via transmogrify), which means you can have 2mobs on your pet, 1beating you and another in CC, e.g 4mobs in combat with little dmg done to you via draining life from the target mob.

Instance Build
    Souls - pyromancer (36) / Dominator (17) / Archon (13)
    [URL="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zIsz.xfzIhucht.xcVh0z.A0x"]Build Link[/URL]

Rotation -
    Ground Of Power
    Cinder Blast
    Fireball x4
    Flame Bolt (when enough charge and when procs for 3x use)

For AOE Use-
    Backdraft (stuns mobs for 2seconds)
    Firestorm (aoe dmg mobs)

this is the highest DPS build for a pure fire mage, as the archon soul give bonus to fire dmg, and this builds takes use of the dmg bonus talents.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-27-2011, 05:39 AM

Thanks mate will try that with my mage, as am necro warlock just change other to dom
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Not seen this build anywhere but this is what I'm using (working to) at the moment:
    Pyro 44 / Chloro 14 / Warlock 8
    [URL="http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvIR.xh.efuIuusuzs.xdch">Warlock (8) / Pyromancer (44) / Chloromancer (14)"]http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvIR.xh.efuIuusuzs.xdch">Warlock (8) / Pyromancer (44) / Chloromancer (14)[/URL]

Using this build for levelling. Might not be great at 50 but currently suits me for pve and pvp while levelling. Had to dump my pet as without a lot of points invested in the tree it started to be useless.

Like it because:
    Get 44 points for ground of power in pyro (I'm not there yet). The extra points for Fulminate aren't worth it in my opinion for a spell with such a long cooldown.
    Self heal with little extra work.
    Can regen mana easily.
    Nice number of instant cast spells that are worth casting.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 04-02-2011, 11:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mythiey Send a message via Skype™ to mythiey

hey, there are MANY possable builds, im not saying that hte build i used for level is the best, i just know it worked for me, everyone has there own play style, and the build i used suited my style, the pet being able to hold the aggro where it couldnt with all the other necro/warlock builds i had seen is a good advantage
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 04-03-2011, 03:12 AM

Thats what he says to ALL the ladies
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 04-03-2011, 08:02 AM

Mythiey, why do you use Essence Link in your rotation? I'd also replace Plague Bolt for Improved Void Bolt from Warlock (more damage + faster casting rate). Use Grave Rot in the beginning for Deathly Callings to stack. It's also nice to throw Neddra's Torture in the beginning too - nice damage boost.