Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Rift > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-18-2011, 02:59 PM

Default Rogue Healing

Thinking about creating a Bard main role for healing. Any suggestions of other souls to go with it?

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-18-2011, 07:47 PM

Saboteur is too awesome not to have. Bladedancer is great too. Or pick ranger for pet tanking.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-21-2011, 11:52 AM

If you want to try a full bard spec I recommend this build [url]http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNci..EIdqiqskqz.Vh[/url]

Full 51 points in Bard. and 8 in nightblade. The 8 in nightblade increases the damage of your cadence, which in turn effects its healing properties. The 3rd soul is just an optional ranger for the pet, but no points spent in it. I find in an excellent build, extremely capable in Rift raids and can heal instances pretty well. Bards are designed as group healers/buffers though, and if doing a tough instance you will sometimes need a backup healer for the main tank.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-21-2011, 02:18 PM

My main dps spec is Sab/Rift so do not want that with a Bard.

I'll give it a go BARD/NB and let you know. I do not want to manage a pet which is why I have avoided all souls with pets.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-23-2011, 01:43 AM

If the new hotfix is here to stay, Bards healing has just been bashed to death with a nerf bat so don't bother anymore
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 AM

I'm currently levelling as a bard which in my opinion is great. Top dps and healing in pvp. Healers love me in pve dungeon runs as cadence really does put out alot of healing and paired with ranger i can solo groups of 4-7 mobs at my level. Nonetheless i have next to no experience with other soul combinations so it might just as well be normal, i am enjoying it greatly though.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 05-19-2011, 06:40 PM

The impression I get with Bard is it's a great character to have if you have regular gaming partners. If you're a solo player then it tends not to be such a great role. Is that accurate? I'm afraid being a veteran gamer all I can think of is the guys that played a bard in Ultima Online... Those guys were near invincible.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 05-20-2011, 09:39 AM

Your Suvivability as a bard is good, but the DPS that comes out is not great. This of course scales with your Attack power.

More Atk-->More DPS--> More healing =Survive longer--> mobs die quicker.

In comparison to other Support roles, Bards have the lowest DPS:Heal ratio, but we do have move buffs to give and give a good tune at the same time

Thats of course if you talking full solo, i wouldnt recommend a full 51 points in Bard for soloing, i would invest some in other DPS souls.

Edit: Apparently we were invincible before Patch 1.1. Bards could heal an Entire raid, without the need of clerics, so i heard.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 05-20-2011, 10:36 AM

Well the thing with bard's is that the combo points are interchangable. For example if you were to put charges on a target with the sab soul, you then cant use those cp's with a bard' finishing skill.

Right now versus single mobs i just use ranger attacks + headshot, or if i need health i cadence + power chord + headshot.

Using just bard skills you wont be doing alot of dps, but if you combine it you can easily be doing alot of dps, up to the point where you're dps is equal or higher than straightforward dps.
    The biggest dps loss if keeping your motifs up. But you can recover that because the bard can generate combo points really fast. Headshot to finish it. Do that 2 times and you're back to normal.

Solo"ing its a very intuitive soul, need healing? go cadence. No need for healing? nuke it down.