Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Tech

#11   Report Post  
    Old 06-17-2010, 01:47 PM

The beast! 3.5mhz Z80, 128k RAM. Runs Windows 7 pretty well with Aero but tends to bog down a bit during intensive Crysis sessions. It is pretty quiet too, the whole thing is passively cooled.

#12   Report Post  
    Old 06-18-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Javaguy View Post
    The beast! 3.5mhz Z80, 128k RAM. Runs Windows 7 pretty well with Aero but tends to bog down a bit during intensive Crysis sessions. It is pretty quiet too, the whole thing is passively cooled.

That is simply a monster. How can it have 128k of RAM? That's like...twice the megapower!
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 06-20-2010, 11:17 PM

[URL="http://i36.tinypic.com/14nzixh.jpg"]Image 1[/URL]

[URL="http://i41.tinypic.com/2cnza01.jpg"]Image 2[/URL]

[URL="http://i43.tinypic.com/2z7evcl.jpg"]Image 3[/URL]

QX6600 @ 3.2GHz
    4GB Corsair Dominator PC6400 4-4-4-12
    ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
    74GB Intel X25 SSD For OS.
    2 x 500GB Barracuda 7200.12 Raid 0
    SB Audigy
    Enermax Galaxy 1000W
    BFG GTX280 H2OC
    LG GGW-H20L

As for the W/C, there's a PA 120.3 up front, DDC 1T Ultra with XSPC top, Apogee GTZ, Danger Den block that comes standard with the BFG GTX 280 H2OC and an XSPC 250 Passive Res that I custom modified to flow straight out into the Delrin T-Line.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 06-21-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    [URL="http://i36.tinypic.com/14nzixh.jpg"]Image 1[/URL]

[URL="http://i41.tinypic.com/2cnza01.jpg"]Image 2[/URL]

[URL="http://i43.tinypic.com/2z7evcl.jpg"]Image 3[/URL]

QX6600 @ 3.2GHz
    4GB Corsair Dominator PC6400 4-4-4-12
    ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
    74GB Intel X25 SSD For OS.
    2 x 500GB Barracuda 7200.12 Raid 0
    SB Audigy
    Enermax Galaxy 1000W
    BFG GTX280 H2OC
    LG GGW-H20L

As for the W/C, there's a PA 120.3 up front, DDC 1T Ultra with XSPC top, Apogee GTZ, Danger Den block that comes standard with the BFG GTX 280 H2OC and an XSPC 250 Passive Res that I custom modified to flow straight out into the Delrin T-Line.
    Very nice, I especially like the working of the HDD cables around the cooler tubes. What kind of load temps do you normally get?
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 06-21-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EC- View Post
    Very nice, I especially like the working of the HDD cables around the cooler tubes. What kind of load temps do you normally get?
    Thanks =) I'm a bit of a neat freak!

Idle temps are about 19-20c. The first core is a couple of degrees higher because it's the one running all the processes.

Under 100% load it hovers in the low 40's with a maximum of about 50 on a really hot day.

The graphics card is 30-35c idle. Doesn't even seem to hit 50 under load.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 06-21-2010, 08:17 PM

Hello Lee,

A great looking rig, very envious. Tell me, what case have you used?
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 06-21-2010, 08:24 PM

Hey barberesco, thanks for the compliment. It was my first watercooling setup too =)

The case used was a Lian Li PC-A77B. I chose it because of the full set of air vents at the front and it had space to fit a triple rad there.

[URL="http://forum.watercoolinguk.co.uk/index.php/topic/5357-project-blurple/"]Here's a link to the project from beginning to end.[/URL]

Hope it helps!

[URL="http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9141/roomv.jpg"]Thought I'd stick a pic of the "gaming area" while I'm at it.[/URL]

Last edited by Lee; 01-13-2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Updated url
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 AM

Smile My gaming rig

Hello everybody,

This is my first post on the PC gamer forum and I just subscribed for the magazine this month (June). I'm building my new PC all from nothing. Here is what I have so far (as of June 22).

Case - Corsair Obsidian 800D case, $269.99
    Processor - Intel Core i7 980X at 3.33 GHz, $1099.99
    Sound Card - HT Omega Striker 7.1, $89.99
    Hard Drive #1 - Wester Digital Veloci Raptor WD1500HLFS 150GB at 10,000 RPM, $139.99
    Extra fans - 3 APEVIA 120mm red fans $20.97 ($6.99 each)
    Power Supply - Coolmax 950 watt, can't remember the price

I love the case. It's HUGAMUNGUS!! It's the biggest case I've ever bought. It comes with holes in the side that you can run wires through and then put them through other holes next to where they have to be plugged into which saves alot of room. It also leaves much room for future upgrades. The case was missing 2 of the hot swappable drive bays when I got it. I contacted Corsair and they said they'd ship 2 more to me for free...kudos to them. The price for the processor was a bitch! But it's the fastest processor Intel has made so far (I think and hope) so I think I got what I payed for. The sound card looks pretty professional. I've never had onboard audio work for me so I'm still buying sound cards. I'm looking to get HDDs with at least 10,000 RPM to read it faster. I'm buying 2 HDDs; 1 for the OS (operating system) and another for everything else. The color I want for my case is red this time (blue and green for my previous PC). I'm rockin a 24" monitor with the Saitek Cyborg keyboard and a Logitech G5 mouse with the blue cracks (for looks) on it. I'm taking the power supply from my old PC and putting it in the new one because I think 950 watts is plenty for my new PC. The things I haven't gotten yet are as follows.

Video card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 480, $499.99
    Hard drive #2 - Same as #1
    Memory - I don't know what I'll buy but I'm looking for at least 8GBs at 2000 MHz
    Operating System - Windows 7 64bit

I can't wait to finish this PC. It'll probably be a couple more months with my current moolah income. I would really appreciate any comments, questions, suggestions and replies you may have. Thank you
    Here is a picture of it so far (as of June 22).

[URL=http://img682.imageshack.us/i/06222010002.jpg/][/URL]

Last edited by Kingopersia; 06-23-2010 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Adding pictures
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2010, 04:47 AM

@King: Just remember you can only sell ONE of your kidneys to help pay for that thing. You sell the other one and you're just asking for trouble.

The kind of money you're dropping on this thing, I'd go with some triple channel RAM, which would mean GBs in multiples of 3. Not multiples of 2. Also kind of suprised you didn't get a SSD drive for the OS. Not that there's anything wrong with a super fast Raptor drive. I will point out that 300GB of hard drive space will fill up a lot more quickly than it used to. I've got a 1TB drive and an older 250GB drive from a previous build and between the two, I'm already using about 527GB of space up. But then I've digitized all my music CDs and scanned in all my old photo albums too. (Bit of a shutterbug when I was younger.) And I tend to have about 20 games installed at any one time.

EDIT: Maybe resize the picture so the rest of us don't get horizontal scrollbars on our screens?
    Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3 ♦ i7-920 ♦ 6GB DDR3 1333 RAM ♦ Radeon 5850 ♦ WD Caviar 1TB hdd ♦ LG Blu-Ray/DVD +/- RW with LightScribe ♦ Corsair TX750W ♦ Acer X233HZ (1920x1080) ♦ AeroCool BX-500 case ♦ Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) ♦ Saitek Eclipse II ♦ M$ Sidewinder X5
    Steam profile

Last edited by Keydet96; 06-23-2010 at 04:54 AM.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 06-23-2010, 05:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Str7k3r

I have got to get my rig up here, but my friend has my wide angle.. I've got the 800D too, love it. Cable management is entirely worth the entry cost.

I've got a 30GB SSD for my HD, and then 2 1 TB HDDs. I'm moving back home in about a month, and I'm buying a server to start digitizing all of my DVD's. I'll take some pictures then

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can click a button, maybe you can... send me a PM.

Tags

gaming, i'm a gamer, not a fighter, rig