Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > DC Universe Online

View Poll Results: Is DCUO all but dead already?
    Yes 7 38.89%
    NO 3 16.67%
    give it time, SoE will fix it. 8 44.44%
    Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

#1   Report Post  
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:01 AM

Unhappy Deminishing Player Base

I think its time to start seriously considering the very real possibly that this game may well be going down the toilet.

Now wait calm down i dont mean its dead...yet...but lets be honest how many days have you logged in and had one or perhaps only two people online in the league? how often have you wandered through the watchtower and only the echo of your own footsteps have been your only company?

it has become the norm to log in at raid time and be left hanging because a key role has not turned up. it has become usual to wait in Duo and PVP ques for hours at a time.

I know im not the only one who has noticed this and its more than a little worrying.

Now perhaps DCUO will go free to play or perhaps a server population amalgamation will solve out player base issues but honestly deserted servers have me kinda worried.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:35 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Sam St. James Send a message via MSN to Sam St. James

Well, you're a bit overtly negative here. The only raid that was scheduled and didn't happen was yesterdays. And that because actually at least two people we thought would be there didn't make it because of internet connection problems or something of the like. Lol teh intarwebz hates this game .

Apart from that, yeah there are less players, but I'm not worried yet.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 03-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Think of it this way.

Players polarize. Those who stay, are here to stay for a long time. Those are the poeple you can invest in, and know they won't quit anytime soon. Now is a good time to get to know and invest in random poeple as they will be the leaders and raiders of tomorrow.

I share your sentiment. Where my friends list use to be vibrant, it is now like a withered plant covered with "offline". But like dead plants, they need to be removed and replaced with fresh seedlings that grow over the withered dead.

It is us, the ancient saplings which grow into trees which overshadow everyone else. Stick with it, Mellonaemin.

DCU may not become Nr. 1 MMORPG in europe, but in USA it' s still strong.

And DCU is our game, and that is all that matters. The less poeple there are, the closer the community becomes.
    And we don't need a million poeple to flourish. Only a dedicated few, who matter to us, in enough.

I forecast that a raiding alliance will soon be in the making in the next month, as the community matures from fractions to a tightly nit community with inter-league cooperation.

"There can only be peace if you hold close to heart the needs of others." - The great Dalai Lama.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 03-11-2011, 03:16 PM

Theres rumours that theyre merging EU and US server aswell as PC and PS3 to elliminate this issue
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 03-14-2011, 01:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to josislo

I would love if they merged, its lonly in Coconut Monkey's
    Rift: Legibryn 41 Warrior
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 03-15-2011, 11:26 PM

I emailed them about this merging issue, and it is not going to happen

What I got was "For hte forseeable future we have no intention of merging the EU and US Servers, we are not offering you any means to transfer your character over to the US servers if the EU servers do not improve"

Sorry guys and girls =/
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 03-16-2011, 12:06 AM

Well its not a major issue if they dont merge the cross-continent servers i have a character on the US servers but i hope they merge some of the smaller servers in both the US and EU.

On a side note i heard they were moving the EU servers to the EU finally so people who's biggest gripe with the game is/was server issues should be able to play properly.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 03-16-2011, 12:24 AM

Yeah I read about that, it should in theory resolve all the fps drops and random lag outs?
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 03-16-2011, 04:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Sam St. James Send a message via MSN to Sam St. James

Well... the fps drops and fps lag have nothing to do with the servers per se... they are a problem of not perfectly written code that doesn't like your graphics card so to say.

As for the normal lag... that should of course improve.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 03-20-2011, 07:51 PM

I've not been around for a while, but basically that's cos they released DoW2:Retribution, Dragon Age 2 and Shogun2 in quick succession.
    What's a guy to do?!?