Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > PvP: The Battlegroup

#1   Report Post  
    Old 02-16-2011, 12:01 PM

Default Pvp arena

Hey

Last night I thought it would be a good idea to play around with the arena with Gormosh (shaman). I had never seen the arena until last night so obviously i was a bit clueless =].

As a hunter that has done 99% pve and very few pvp apart from tol barad, anyone have any suggestions on rotation / stats.

Last time i looked into pvp i believe the hit rating needed was 5% can anyone else confirm this?

Also would i be better getting some crafted pieces made to fill the gaps in my pvp gear (I have shoulders, chest and epic legs).

Doing it for a laugh more than anything but want to be slightly competitive and hopefully get my 359 bow from the conquest points.

Anyone that can link any helpful info they have found or may have any pointers on what i should do that would be great.

Thanks

Roll
    In Cataclysm, all loot is hunter loot! Whether it's a brand new gun to blow the face off of dragons or a decorative mace to put over your hearth, anything purple was put in the game for hunters to claim.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 PM

Unable to give you any advice as far as Hunter PvPing.

You might like to build up your resilience gear by doing BGs regularly to give yourself a reasonable chance in the Arena. Only buy stuff if you are in a rush. The BGs also help you gain valuable experience as jumping from PvE-only experience straight into Arena can be a little daunting.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 02-19-2011, 11:53 AM

Warrior vs Frost Mage

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrs7LnmdNy8&feature=player_embedded[/url]
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 02-19-2011, 04:50 PM

When i Started this season in nearly full PvE gear, i think with a pvp trincket (The removes debuff one is essential and going into arena without is silly stuff) and one offset piece (Waist, rings, neck those sorta things).

You just need a competent healer in that case.

Sub 1k rating, arena is a joke, just saying, so i couldnt imagine you coming across much difficulties.

As for gear, just get the PvP pieces, most of its actually better then what you get in raids pre heroic.

As for rotation, can't help much but id do what you normally do, but never stop moving if someones coming at you, and learn to kite with your traps properly.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
    Sub 1k rating, arena is a joke, just saying, so i couldnt imagine you coming across much difficulties.
    Grrr how I hate American Y-Gen superfluous polly-filler words and phrases like "just saying."

Actually my on-topic point is that when giving advice to people who are new to something saying things like "Sub 1k rating, (sic) arena is a joke" might not be helpful if they then initially struggle. It is just as bad as some smart-arse making a grammar reference to an incorrect use of comma. Try be a bit more supportive as well as giving the very useful advice.

Hope to see you around for some PvP events Levi, we could certainly use you.