Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Tradeskills

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM

Default Dragon killer tunic

Hey all

I know alot of crafters still struggling with the chaos orb situation but I would like to ask a quick question and favour.

Are Blizz adding a socket to The dragonkiller tunic? (can't see it in patch notes but some people have said yes)

If they are adding it would anyone be able to make me one? If so can you mail me in game letting me know how much per orb etc please

Thanks

Rolleo
    In Cataclysm, all loot is hunter loot! Whether it's a brand new gun to blow the face off of dragons or a decorative mace to put over your hearth, anything purple was put in the game for hunters to claim.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2011, 01:44 PM

they are adding sockets to all crafted epics (that don't already have them) as for getting it made, when I wanted one there was only 3 people in the guild with the recipe (use the professions bit of the guild roster to find out if this has changes) but I ended up needing doom to make my chest, but orbs are a pain due to the time heroics take so you may still have to wait for someone to get the orbs or for the leather workers who have the recipe to of made the items they have already said they would do for others.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2011, 02:11 PM

hopefully that will spill over to already crafted epics i presume?

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-26-2011, 02:22 PM

it should do as if they fix the base item ID it will change retroactively if they make a new item ID you would need a item crafted after the change.

if they do make a change like this and make a new ID to stop it being retroactive they would end up with hell, but then I'm still sitting in hope that they do a trade in on the alchemist stone so I don't have to grind all the mats again to make the new one, that should of been there from the start.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-27-2011, 07:16 AM

yeah i'm in the same boat for the alchemist trink. logically i should have thought base id regarding the changes.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2011, 04:15 PM

No this item isn't getting an extra slot. None of the Mail Agi items are getting an extra socket unfortunately. A few PTR patches ago they listed exactly which pieces were getting the extra sockets. I know a few of the belts are getting them, but not Hunter/Enh/Rogue loot though.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2011, 05:04 PM

from what I understood they where giving slots to all crafted epics that don't already have them as it means stuff like this that has no socket can quite often be outclassed by the 346 item.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2011, 04:59 PM

Not all though, only some. I can't find that post now for some reason, only non Agi stuff were getting the sockets as far as I can remember
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2011, 05:15 PM

seems a bit one sided, but the original patch note did say all, so that is what I was going off. guess if it does go live this week we will find out.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-31-2011, 10:20 AM

Well either way I will now prob be ending up with this chest piece as I have already ordered it etc. It will be very strange for blizzard to only add sockets to non agi items but then again they do seem to think we are very op hence the nerf so maybe this is another mini nerf on gear aswell?
    In Cataclysm, all loot is hunter loot! Whether it's a brand new gun to blow the face off of dragons or a decorative mace to put over your hearth, anything purple was put in the game for hunters to claim.