Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

#71   Report Post  
    Old 12-06-2010, 01:26 AM

trying to find the server but having major trouble finding it. any tips or help would be greatly apreciated
      #72   Report Post  
    Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 PM

If you go to the first post, Evan tells you the name of the server to filter for in the game. Also I use "PC Gamer" in the filter search and find it that way as well. It only seems to be active on weekends.
      #73   Report Post  
    Old 12-09-2010, 04:35 AM

I keep dying and dying and dying on the "Good Morning T-stan" mission. I completed all training missions and I poked around Armaholic, but I didn't see anything in regards to improving general skill. Anyone have some tips to share?
      #74   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WebScud View Post
    I keep dying and dying and dying on the "Good Morning T-stan" mission. I completed all training missions and I poked around Armaholic, but I didn't see anything in regards to improving general skill. Anyone have some tips to share?
    The first thing to remember in Arma II is that it's not a run and gun shooter like most military shooters out there, the emphasis is on staying alive rather than shooting all the bad guys, first of all find some cover - the prone position is your friend. Team work is also esssential - keep an eye on your squad mates and what they are doing, you won't survive long if you try to play the hero.
    -8GB kingston DDR3 1333MHz HyperXBlu Red
    -Corsair 650w psu
    -Win 7

Void Destroyer - Space Sim meets RTS
      #75   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 03:52 PM

Hey guys, is there a way to see what fps i am getting in the game?

Also, What is 3D resolution? Does increasing it makes me get higher fps or is it the other way around?
      #76   Report Post  
    Old 12-14-2010, 02:27 PM

if you go into the scenarios you'll see a mission named benchmark - you can run this find out your FPS.
    -8GB kingston DDR3 1333MHz HyperXBlu Red
    -Corsair 650w psu
    -Win 7

Void Destroyer - Space Sim meets RTS
      #77   Report Post  
    Old 12-20-2010, 02:58 PM

Just picked up ArmA:OA, loved ofp back in the day,

First off, If anyone else Is new like me, this sticky answered most of my Qs,
    [URL="http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79628"]http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79628[/URL]

Specifically, the zeus mp guide. very cool.
    [URL="http://www.zeus-community.net/important/arma2_mp_guide.pdf"]http://www.zeus-community.net/important/arma2_mp_guide.pdf[/URL]

I do have some Q's still though, First off The War Walrus, In The OA server browser I cant find It either. Cleared the filters, search pc gamer, servername too. Then tried the direct IP to no avail, Is the server up currently, or only around certain times.

Also Im interested what AddOns you guys are using for Operation Arrowhead, seems like ACE and community objects are pretty standard, cant seem to find which engine Optimization addons are useful and current for OA. The game runs fine on my rig, Phenom/Ati5800 but still.

finnally can I hire one of you guys to man the extra keyboard I need to handle this control scheme ingame

still trying to to figure out something eloquent
      #78   Report Post  
    Old 12-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Get sound mods first and formost,
    CSM2BAF if your running BAF expansion, make the guns sounds far better than vanilla
    Mando is a corker if you like flying firstly if gives you IHADSS in the ah64 (monacle) which has a great terrain radar,
    and also a ccip bomb fall line in the dumb bomb harrier,
    get on to armaholic to see what mods you fancy, the nvg ones are decent, also better compass, the vanila one is hard to read for my monitor.
    If you running mods use the Kegetys Arma2 mod launcher it easy to use and as long as your mods are in an addons folder in your arma directory with a@ prefix ie @CSM2BAF\addons it will scan and find em
      #79   Report Post  
    Old 12-24-2010, 05:51 PM

Just bought ARMA 2 almost soley to play on this server, sounds fun. i wont need any expansions will i? and i hope you dont mind, but im shit.
      #80   Report Post  
    Old 12-26-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slayerbake View Post
    Just bought ARMA 2 almost soley to play on this server, sounds fun. i wont need any expansions will i? and i hope you dont mind, but im shit.
    I just did the same, the Combined Operations was on sale on Steam and I couldn't resist.

I'm curious as to what mods/expansions are required for the server and how often it is up. I couldn't find it today, but that's understandable since its Christmas.

Tags

arma, arma 2