Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > General Articles

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 AM

Talking

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    "Welcome! Welcome to City Seve--- The WoW Forums. It's Safe Here."

I chuckled.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 07:33 AM

Talking

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    Did you really expect the age of anonymous to last forever? This is the beginning, and the end mortals.
    A great many big businesses and probably a few legal types would be very interested in wiping anonymity from the internet. And net neutrality. We shall see how long it takes them.
    And when they do, they'll know that you; Benjamin Smith of 33 Northdown Road, Whereverville; enjoy long walks, the colour blue and have a fetish involving whips, goats and cream cheese.

And that shirt? Totally doesn't go with anything you own. What? Did you, like, get it as a present or something?

Dum spiro spero - While I breathe, I hope.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻(Link)
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 05:58 PM

Blizzard relents!

[URL="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/07/09/blizzard-sees-the-light-on-real-id/"]RPS[/URL]
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 06:59 PM

loved the vid on that link, trolls ftw
    "...people who personify and love corporations to the point where they can actually feel betrayed by them - well, roll over and take it. You're in for a lifetime of abusive imaginary relationships."

(Blyth Jon, September 2011, PCGamer UK, p90)

Steam id: feersum
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 07:38 PM

I think broadcasting a humans real name is a really bad idea. I think it is a blatant lack of respect by blizzard to paying customers. Some people do take video games to seriously.

Like this guy

In December 2007, a Russian man was beaten to death over an argument in the MMORPG Lineage II. The man was killed when his guild and a rival one challenged each other to a real-life brawl.[68]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_controversy[/url]

wow.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 PM

Not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.
    Sure, it was a moronic idea in the first place, but by proving its a moronic idea (i.e, by having some poor payroll monkey post his name, and result in receiving heaps of abuse) it has been prooved that video game players are the socially retarded morons that the Daily Mail/Fox news has been warning us about all along.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 PM

Well it achieved something and no Blizzard employees are dead. That and to use your logic, by saying that all videogamers are tarred by the same daily mail brush aren't you being as bad as the ignorant people who would come to such conclusions?

EDIT: I wonder what the Daily Mail think of irresponsible journalism?

Last edited by Alm; 07-09-2010 at 09:13 PM.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM

Why do Blizzard seem to think I weant to be involved in a big social network. If have my friends and if I want to contact them I can use email, twitter, facebook, forums, IM, phone, text*, or just go round and see them.

WIsh games companies would stick to making games and not trying to monetize my social actions.

Still havn't added anyone to my RealID in-game, and I wont be doing so unless (until?) Blizzard makes it compulsory.

*Other communications methods are available.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 07-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akee View Post
    Why do Blizzard seem to think I weant to be involved in a big social network. If have my friends and if I want to contact them I can use email, twitter, facebook, forums, IM, phone, text*, or just go round and see them.

WIsh games companies would stick to making games and not trying to monetize my social actions.

Still havn't added anyone to my RealID in-game, and I wont be doing so unless (until?) Blizzard makes it compulsory.

*Other communications methods are available.
    I have my friends nicely compartmentalised, thank you very much Blizz, and the last thing I would want is for them all to start talking to each other

There are some things that my old school or university friends know about me that I would definitely want to be kept quiet

Why do games companies (and all the social networking sites and probably everyone else on the internet) think I want to combine all my friends lists? Because they can make money out of it, thats why. I am sure Blizz would love to be able to target all my Facebook friends and sell games to them. Not going to happen though.