Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > Team Epic

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 AM

Default Consumabliserationing

Yo,

So, we've had almost a week of my 'Cauldroneer' system, and whilst it has worked, I get the feeling that some ppl have struggled to understand the concept (from subtle hints like "I don't understand this"), and I'm also not sure we're making the best use of our tradeskillz.

On top of that, we now have access to the Bucket O'Lobster recipe. Whilst it's true that this uses more mats than 10 ppl simply bringing their own food, as a non-cook, I really appreciated it, and there's very little difference really.

I have 3 proposals, and I'd like a VOTE!!!

1) Everyone is responsible for bringing their own consumables

2) We continue with cauldroneers, and everyone brings their own food

3) We adopt the following system:

Each of Team Epic's 14 registered members sends me, via in-game mail, 3 flasks per week, save for 2 assigned Lobsterisers who'd rather fish and provide our food. 12*3=36, which is exactly enough for 9 cauldrons, our weekly requirement. I'll deal with the small amounts of Stormvine, as it grows in my preferred herbing areas anyway. Obviously, anyone with spare stormvine or fishies can send them to me or the Lobsterisers to be nice.

That would be all you'd need to do; send me 3 flasks of a specified type each week, and we'll have enough cauldrons for 9 hours of raiding. As the guild levels, this will reduce to 2 per week!

Even if you're unlucky with sitouts and only see 3 raiding shifts in a week (which I hope is the lowest I've ever assigned), then this still works out cheaper. The average is 4 shifts, in which case you're quids in, and if you happen to be an Uber tank-come-DPS who I rarely ever leave out, then you're raking it in.

I've asked for flasks, rather than stacks of herbs, because that way you get to keep any procs, making it cheaper for you the following week.

To make this work, I'd need the following from the following each week:

Klogaroth: 3 x Steelskin
    Uru: 3 x Steelskin
    Dan: 3 x Steelskin
    Zerne: 3 x Draconic Mind
    Vulture: 3 x Draconic Mind
    Foos: 3 x Draconic Mind
    Zaev: 3 x Wind
    Thunderlash: 3 x Wind
    Chewwie: 3 x Wind
    Darksen: 3 x Titanic Strength
    Denika: 3 x Titanic Strength
    Darieth: 3 x Titanic Strength
    Cenaria: 3 x Titanic Strength

Contagion: Buckets O'Lobster
    SOMEONE ELSE: Buckets O'Lobster

So...what I need to know is...which system do you prefer? And who else would rather lobsterise than flaskinate?
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darieth View Post
    I have 3 proposals, and I'd like a VOTE!!!
    Add a poll then!!
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 09:39 AM

Well, I kinda wanted comments, too, and I also didn't want anyone voting who it won't affect.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Oh ok. Without a vote though, I doubt you'll get a everyone's say. So prove me wrong everyone!!

I'd prefer option 2 until they change the Seafood recipe requirements. My only comment is that the benefit to those that raid every shift makes the list you've drawn up slightly inequitable. Regardless of that, with the shift pattern we're using it's a hugely more efficient way to create flasks and we should continue to use it.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 10:13 AM

I may be confusing two different things, actually. Maybe we should leave food out of it, and just have everyone send me 3 flasks each week. This would build up a small reserve, so that every now and then we could have a free week, or I could even give a rebait to people who haven't raided much.

I know it's slightly inequitable, as I'm not able to give everyone the same hours of raiding every week due to composition requirements, but it is very simple, and still better for everyone than bringing your own flasks to every raid.

So there's proposal 4: Everyone sends me 3 flasks per week. That's all, and I'll take care of sorting out our cauldrons for us. For now, just bring your own food, as we have been doing.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 AM

I would vote option 4. Nice and simple, and far cheaper.
    "Creates a line of frost in front of the mage, 30 yards from end to end. Enemies who cross the line are snared and take damage. This spell is intended to give mages a way to help control the battlefield..."

LOLWUT
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 AM

Because I have a gatherer I don't really mind, but I think for those who don't option 3 might work out best for everyone
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 AM

I don't mind Lobsupercalifragelisticexpialidocious-erising, but until the patch hits it's a buggar to put them together because they use so many fish.
    I'll happily fish for Lobsters anywho, and I don't mind donating the odd flask otherwise.

Another small note is that if people do have Lavascale Catfish, Fathom Eels or Highland Guppies I'll gladly take them off your hands to make the feasts, as they're BoP once they're made. This should only be until the patch comes, when it'll use less.

[center]WTS BUFFS!

[/center]

Last edited by Contagion; 01-24-2011 at 11:07 AM.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 11:10 AM

Let's leave food out of it for now; we can review when the patch hits. I'm strongly favouring option 4: Everyone just sends me 3 flasks per week. I don't even care particularly what flasks they are, as long as we have a rough balance. Me, Cenaria and Den will take charge of making sure we address any shortfalls. Trust in your healers/herbers to keep you buffed.

We can stick to bringing our own food for now, and you can save your fishies for after the patch, when they'll make us more feasts.
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 PM

If we go with option 3 I can volunteer to be Contagion's Sous chef.

A blog about games. - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.