Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Games

#11   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2011, 04:22 PM
    Grand Inquisitor

Send a message via Skype™ to SAeN

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuperNashwan View Post
    Yeah I have got a little bit of impending "multi-platform engine" doom as well ....
    If there is a company who's tech you can trust that isn't called ID, it's probably crytek. What we can't hope for is optimisation, but with it being a simultaneous console release it will have to be optimised.
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 01-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SAeN View Post
    If there is a company who's tech you can trust that isn't called ID, it's probably crytek. What we can't hope for is optimisation, but with it being a simultaneous console release it will have to be optimised.
    I did hear that the system specs for Crysis 2 would be "lower than for Crysis, but the graphics will be better". Thats either got to mean a much more capable engine, or pared-down levels.

Now those specs might mean "proportionally", eg you needed a top-spec machine of 2007 to run crysis, and you will need a medium-spec machine of 2011 to run crysis 2, or it might mean literally a medium spec machine of 2007 will run crysis 2 in full glory ... the latter wouldnt bode too well IMO, and would leave me anticipating an end to the sprawling levels of Crysis 1 and more funneled-down-corridor or shut-in-arena approach.

I have always been a fan of the (mostly) play-it-anyway-you-like open nature of Far Cry, Crysis and Warhead. They have said this will be there in the form of being able to use the third dimension more, going up and over through buildings and so on. We'll see ....

Have to agree that the XBox exclusive is a bit of a kicker though.