Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events > 25 Man Raid Team

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-07-2010, 12:01 AM

Need waterering tbh
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-07-2010, 09:00 AM

It was common belief that watering Christmas trees with vodka would help perserve them due to the alcohol preventing the sap from skinning over where it was cut.

But I'm sorry Oz as it's been proved to dry out the tree more quickly and dangerous for children (read Mildperil) drinking from the tree stand.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-07-2010, 10:14 AM

#14   Report Post  
    Old 07-07-2010, 10:16 AM

So thats what mild looks like
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 AM

haha awesome pic
    "Creates a line of frost in front of the mage, 30 yards from end to end. Enemies who cross the line are snared and take damage. This spell is intended to give mages a way to help control the battlefield..."

LOLWUT
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 AM

Love it

Also explains why you won't share yer fish
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 PM

On a slightly less mild being a cat and more on topic point, is it worth re glyphing specificaly for this fight? In my case i can pick up Glyph of cloak of Shadows, giving a 4-5seconds every minute (or minute and a half forgot) of 40% less physical damage taken, since this whole fight is physical damage, maybe for when frenzy pops up and i have a mark to help healers? thoughts?
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM

Not if it nerfs your DPS at all. Leave handling the marks to the tanks and healers; what we need from the DPS is simply fewer marks in the first place, which means killing him faster. The odds of you being marked are small.

To be honest, short-duration cooldowns that reduce the mark damage can be a curse as well as a blessing; as a healer, you need to be able to judge the damage on your target. We know it increases with the boss's blood power, and can plan accordingly. If you blow a 5-second cooldown without telling your healer, she will be very much taken by surprise when it wears off, likely resulting in your death.

What I'm looking at are ways to delay the first mark (more careful planning with HoP) and reduce the boss's chance to hit the tanks.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 07-08-2010, 01:48 PM

Ok fair enough, but in this case, perhaps the tanks should take a few stam gems out, get a bit of avoidance in? That seems a fair way of not getting hit, thus no blood power to mark us with, or use CDs full way through out the fight? I'm not expert on tanking but im trying to give ideas. Also as Del said with the Armour potions, if you can grab the mats and mail em to me, i can make them for you, unless we have a potion master in the guild who would be a better choice.

Lev
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 07-08-2010, 05:07 PM

I use hybrid gemming as it is. Gemming pure avoidance would be very costly, as I'd need to regem half my gems once the fight ended.

Stamina is still of use in this fight - before the ICC buff stacked so high he was killing tanks in a global cooldown. Avoidance won't prevent that, in fact it'll make it worse if you pick avoidance at the expense of stamina.

As I'm sure Hyrath will tell you - it's about balance.