Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > Wurm Online

    Reply
     
    Thread Tools Display Modes
      #1   Report Post  
    Old 07-05-2010, 04:43 PM
    M_the_C M_the_C is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: over there
    Posts: 367
    Default Upcoming Wurm development

    There's a new update on the [URL="http://www.wurmonline.com/blog/"]Wurm Online blog[/URL] today, posted by Rolf, and whilst it doesn't have much information it covers a wide range of topics for the development of Wurm Online over the next few months.

    Including:

    New fences! ([URL="http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=33735.0"]Art assets[/URL] were finished a while ago, just need implementing in the code and balancing.)
    Submerged Monsters!
    Free players on Freedom!
    The new Epic server! (Currently planned for end of September.)

    [URL="http://www.wurmonline.com/blog/oddments/close-to-the-top/"]It's well worth a read.[/URL]
    Reply With Quote
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-05-2010, 04:47 PM
    Jekev Jekev is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 147
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M_the_C View Post
    New fences! ([URL="http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=33735.0"]Art assets[/URL] were finished a while ago, just need implementing in the code and balancing.)
    Submerged Monsters!
    Non-prems on Freedom!
    The new [SIZE="4"]Epic[/SIZE] server! (Currently planned for end of September.)
    * Jekev's ears prick up.
    __________________
    Steam: b2b//UndeadAxe
    Join PCG on the Wurm Online Frontier!
    Reply With Quote
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 AM
    Nethriel Nethriel is offline
    Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 99
    Default

    i think you miss heard, he said epic is no longer planned and has been scrapped.
    Reply With Quote
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
    Prospero Prospero is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: UK
    Posts: 134
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nethriel View Post
    i think you miss heard, he said epic is no longer planned and has been scrapped.
    Err. you joking?
    __________________
    Regards
    Prospero / T'Ippex / Limalinks

    PCG (Wurm) // PCG STO // PCG Minecraft

    WURM - Come Visit PCG
    StarTrek Online - Boldly Go to Season 9
    Minecraft - LEGO for Grown-Ups
    Reply With Quote
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
    Prospero Prospero is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: UK
    Posts: 134
    Default

    I also noticed on the Developers Blog the section on the Top-100 with WURM coming in at position 20..

    [URL="http://www.wurmonline.com/blog/from-the-boss/20th-best-pc-game-ever/"]20th-best-pc-game-ever[/URL]

    Err.. wasn't that partly down to us - As in spreading the word about how wurm is such a good MMO??
    If not then I'm also impressed - but where are all the masses that voted? on GV ?
    __________________
    Regards
    Prospero / T'Ippex / Limalinks

    PCG (Wurm) // PCG STO // PCG Minecraft

    WURM - Come Visit PCG
    StarTrek Online - Boldly Go to Season 9
    Minecraft - LEGO for Grown-Ups
    Reply With Quote
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 07-06-2010, 01:05 PM
    shadybear shadybear is offline
    Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 52
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
    I Err.. wasn't that partly down to us - As in spreading the word about how wurm is such a good MMO??
    If not then I'm also impressed - but where are all the masses that voted? on GV ?
    Yeah it was partly down to us, but judging by the amount of people in total who voted for top 100, and the amount of people from the PCG Wurm village (at the time there was only about 20 - 25 of I think), it would have taken a huge amount more people than that. So there is probably quite a few people who read the magazine, but prefer not to be in a village; also people who don't read the magazine could have been told about it my their friends, so they could have voted for Wurm without being part of the PCG community at all.
    Reply With Quote
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 07-06-2010, 03:15 PM
    Jekev Jekev is offline
    Senior Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Posts: 147
    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadybear View Post
    Yeah it was partly down to us, but judging by the amount of people in total who voted for top 100, and the amount of people from the PCG Wurm village (at the time there was only about 20 - 25 of I think), it would have taken a huge amount more people than that. So there is probably quite a few people who read the magazine, but prefer not to be in a village; also people who don't read the magazine could have been told about it my their friends, so they could have voted for Wurm without being part of the PCG community at all.
    It was plugged on the wurm forums, the blog and as the #wurm IRC title.

    But yes, without us it would have not even been in the vote, so I like to think we were somewhat responsable.
    __________________
    Steam: b2b//UndeadAxe
    Join PCG on the Wurm Online Frontier!
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump