Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Raids and Events

#11   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 09:23 AM

Recount is an exceptionally useful tool for analysing your dps, why you are pulling what you are, whether your rotation is right, whether you are hit capped or not (or how much worth hit is to you at the moment) and how much your pet is pulling, plus looking at your dot uptime.

I am planning on writing a larger guide about how best to use recount soon, stay tuned
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cataclysmic View Post
    Recount is an exceptionally useful tool for analysing your dps, why you are pulling what you are, whether your rotation is right, whether you are hit capped or not (or how much worth hit is to you at the moment) and how much your pet is pulling, plus looking at your dot uptime.

I am planning on writing a larger guide about how best to use recount soon, stay tuned
    Nice idea, i've used it in the past but never really comitted a huge amount of time to configure it.

Anyone got tips on configuring any other addons that are frequently used?

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 AM

Recount is a great tool if used appropriatly. DPS who sit and watch recount during a boss encounter are generally not useful to anyone as they often stand in fire, miss boss abilities etc. There is a huge difference to using recount as 'Look at me I am top of DPS, but now i'm dead' and using it to improve how you play.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aphaeas View Post
    There is a huge difference to using recount as 'Look at me I am top of DPS, but now i'm dead' and using it to improve how you play.
    Exactly Aph
    I intend to make a post (with pictures, lovely pictures) detailing how to use recount for the latter
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 AM

As Klog has previously mentioned, one of recount's best tools is the Death Log. This is particularly useful for checking how quickly your tank went from 100%-dead, and how many heals they received etc.
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 05:28 PM

And working out which patch of fire your players stood in........

A very valuable feature, especially if running with others of your spec, is the breakdown of what did what.
    By that I mean the portion of your healing or damage for each ability.
    Sometimes you can find great ways to improve damage or healing in situations other than full aoe or single target by seeing how others are mixing up their abilities.
    If you are feeling experimental you can try different sets of abilities and see how it compares to what others are doing. You might find some nice tricks people aren't using.

Other handy things from recount and the like are your DPS compared to expected DPS. If you put much faith in DPS sims you can compare what your gear is simmed to produce and what you are actually producing. If you are doing less DPS does your spell breakdown look like the same % of damage from each spell as the sim? Does it look the same but you need to work on your reactions and timing? Are you using the sim correctly and applyng the same buffs as you normally see in raids?

Last edited by Klogaroth; 01-10-2011 at 05:36 PM.