Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#51   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 12:11 PM

will have to give it a go and see what difference it makes, my main concern is trying to be that dependant aimed shot is going to be hard when you are dodging stuff in raids.

the other thing I noticed is a hot fix went out for focus regen not using the correct values giving too little so it is possible that may make it more possible to cast more and do more but will see after the restart next week since they claim it is needed.

also why is the base cast time of cobra and steady different? with 4.0.6 my cast time of cobra went down to the 1.4 area from 1.6 before the patch, but steady still seems to have quite a bit longer cast time. this is one of the reasons I ask the speed because my steady goes down to about 1.5 self buffed (near 1.4 with the 10% haste buff) and self buffed aimed is still at 2.3 self buffed so in a 16 second window of keeping up, your rotation would leave just over a second for reactions over the entire rotation making it seem like it would be near impossible in a dungeon without dropping the sting. so even with the 10% haste buff you are probably going to be pushing it in anything other than tank and spank fights.
      #52   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 PM

Remember you lose the 10% haste from SV's huinting party which may be why you're noticing the different cast times.
    And yes, the rotation is extremely tight until you get 4piece, keep in mind that you can always skip an aimed shot and fire 2 extra steadies should you have to move - it's a small DPS loss but not entirely game-changing
      #53   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM

del look at steady and cobra in any spec, the patch changed cobra mine dropped 0.2seconds just from the patch. no matter what spec you are in cobra always has the shortest cast time. it seems the base cast time on cobra is shorter.
      #54   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 PM

For me, during CA phase, it's AiS > AiS > SS > SS > SrS > CS > SS > SS > AiS

During non-CA phase, I alternate between CS and AiS hard cast every 2 SS and with a haste from gear of about 840, I don't really need to push back CS at all. Do note that every once in a while you'll want to chain 3 SS together while waiting for CS CD.
      #55   Report Post  
    Old 02-12-2011, 12:00 PM

it seems blizzard has seen sense and are looking to nerf aimed with a increase to aspect of the hawk to balance it out, so soon we could get rid of the horrid MM rotation and it could bring SV back in line with MM.
      #56   Report Post  
    Old 02-15-2011, 10:15 AM

AiS is doing crazy damage now, so to retain the same DPS output MM is doing now, Hawk has to be seriously buffed to compensate. This might also mean that Fox will be totally useless as the buff to Hawk would mean that Fox would be too much of a DPS loss.

Blizz is fine with our DPS, just not from the shots they expected.
      #57   Report Post  
    Old 02-15-2011, 01:04 PM

Our DPS is fairly broken OP on pure single target fights like al'akir though, we're still a fair margin ahead of everyone else....

[url]http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z6k41asuxmqj3ewg/sum/damageDone/?s=132&e=446[/url]
      #58   Report Post  
    Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM

my main complaint with the DPS is I have always enjoyed SV, so I really don't understand why they dropped the DPS on that to take MM past the original damage of SV.
      #59   Report Post  
    Old 02-15-2011, 02:58 PM

I don't think it was intentional to be honest, and even if it was, it's probably because Survival is still the top damage on any fight that requires moderate to high amounts of AoE - being the strongest spec for both single target and AoE is probably classes as OP, which is why demo locks got a small nerfbat too.

I'm currently playing SV on Maloriak (normal and HC), Halfus HC (always get whelps), and Cho'gall (would also play it on Sinestra and Magmaw normal mode (HC you cant kill parasites just kite them), and possibly conclave's Anshal platform if you insist on killing adds)

MM is stronger for pure single target fights by up to about 4k though.

Remember that when playing in 10mans, you may still need to stay SV to provide the 10% melee / ranged haste so a shaman can use wrath of air (if you don't have a shadow priest or boomkin)

Also keep in mind that nerfing aimed shot and buffing hawk will positively affect SV damage (unless they buff hawk through the MM specializations) so you never know, it may still be top DPS again.

Last edited by Del; 02-15-2011 at 03:09 PM.
      #60   Report Post  
    Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 PM

Nice post thanks