Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#41   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    No, because they go off the dual wield hit cap of 27%. Hunter auto shots use the same hit cap as specials and single weapon melee auto attacks (like rets and DKs using 2 handers).
    Oh. Oops. That clears up a few things.
      #42   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2011, 04:33 PM

You have a few wasted talents that aren't that useful for raiding (assuming that you are raiding, which I think you are?).

Survival Tactics isn't worth anything as 4% less chance of traps getting resisted is kinda bad. As it is, Traps hardly if ever get resisted (I believe they still use our hit for resist chance) and even if they do get resisted, we can still Scatter and Wyvern, and by the time they get out of that, Trap CD is up again

Also, 2/2 Serpent Spread is also not worth 2 points. 1 point is more than enough. If you're using Multi Shot, you'll do the most damage just spamming Multi Shot as Imp. Serpent Sting is the major burst AoE damage. In a typical AoE fight, for example on Magmaw's parasites, Maloriak's adds, Cho'Gall's black goop adds, what you'll mostly be doing is Multi --> Multi --> Cobra --> Multi etc etc till mobs are dead. You won't get the full use of the 9 second tick of the Serpent Sting from Serpent Spread

Take 2 points from Survival Tactics and chuck it into Hunter vs Wild (nothing else better honestly). and 1 point from Serpent Spread into Destial Discipline would bring you the highest on most fights

If your group is having trouble kiting and killing adds, this spec is probably how you want to do it [URL="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/samfisher/talent/primary"]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nagrand/samfisher/talent/primary[/URL]

The 2 points in Entrapment is so worth it to give you that extra time to get some range to shoot off another Multi or two. Also, on fights with adds, they will almost never target our pets, and as we have to kite the mobs, we do less DPS, so transferring some points into talents that boost our pet's DPS is a good choice

I have no idea where PCG Guild is on progression, but this tier is fun to raid, and don't stress out! It's easy to make mistakes when you're stressed about your own performance.

#43   Report Post  
    Old 01-29-2011, 04:48 PM

10/12 cept with al akir instead of cho gall. Anything that helps with slowing and kiting seems to be of great use in the tier, it's quite a common theme along with interrupting.
      #44   Report Post  
    Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Klogaroth View Post
    10/12 cept with al akir instead of cho gall. Anything that helps with slowing and kiting seems to be of great use in the tier, it's quite a common theme along with interrupting.
    All the more you need Entrapment for Cho'Gall's adds ^^ I haven't done Al'Akir yet, but I'm 10/12 25M as well, Nef and Al'Akir alive
      #45   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 AM

Right, the new patch is live and MM is once again the dominant spec.

you wanna be speccing 7/31/3 right now, seen [URL="http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/d%C3%A9la/talent/secondary"]here[/URL] (you can swap the point in Trueshot for 1 in rapid killing if you so choose, depends on raid setup but the DPS gain is very very RNG)

Rotation, now i got some lagless practice:

Sting > Chimera > Steady x2 > Aimed > Steady x2 Aimed > steady X2 > Chimera > Aimed proc.

Last edited by Del; 02-10-2011 at 11:44 AM.
      #46   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 AM

del you cant get that many aimed and steadies between chimera (without a boat load of haste) I found I could only get a aimed every other chimera without delaying the chimera shot due to focus.

also what I read on elitetist jerks actually rated haste quite low, I have about 10% haste before improved steady and the 10% haste buff on top still only adds about 2k dps, so you are going to need a lot of haste to see any real improvements from what I saw.

I was mainly just spamming steady and using aimed as a focus dump between chimeras if I had the time/focus (or if it proc'd) and it seemed to give a decent number.
      #47   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:07 AM

Do you have the tier 11 set bonus? Or are you delaying Chimera? Or both?
      #48   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:29 AM

Delaying chimera, didn't bother glyphing it since without the set bonus there's absolutely no point. At the moment i'm really only using it to keep up my sting although that might not be optimal., didn't get the chance to play yesterday due to diabolical lag - not sure if i'll be raiding this week but i'll try to get into a BH later and dish out a log for you.

Was pulling 22k DPS on the training dummy (+60% crit ftw) self buffed with a cat, would probably do more with a wolf.

As for set bonuses no i still haven't got head or shoulders so i'm using 2piece T11 2piece pvp and some off-set 372 gloves.

Reading method's forums suggests that it isn't worth reforging into the 1.25 steady cast time with the 4piece as it requires about 1347 haste to soft-cap yourself.

*Ninja-edit* Just checked the thread again and Rogerbrown posted his rotation (looks like i was pretty close tbh):
    Quote:
    Basically what I did yesterday was:

100%-->80% aimed shots+steady shots only
    80%-->20% serpent sting+aimed shots+chimera (when serpent had <4sec remaining) +steadies (in pairs obviously)
    20%-->0% Add kill shot to the above. The talent Termination helps to keep up with the focus when you are doing less steady shots cause of the kill shots.

So yea, I would say at least a week needs to pass before I can have some thoughts on stats and everything but tbh what i did yesterday seemed to be working just fine.

Last edited by Del; 02-10-2011 at 11:34 AM.
      #49   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:31 AM

so if you are delaying chimera do you not need to reapply your sting?
      #50   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:40 AM

No, there's a pretty large window between Chimera coming off CD and your sting dropping off, usually enough time to finish an aimed shot and refresh ISS before firing.
    But like i said that's patchwerking it on a dummy, things might change in a raid environment but i don't think i'll be playing properly this week