Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#31   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2011, 07:27 PM

damn blizzard and there brining things in late, 4.0.6 is bringing in new alchemist stones (so glad I made one as a stand in trinket for mastery) the new stone for us is [URL="http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68776/quicksilver-alchemist-stone/"]quick silver alchemist stone[/URL]

also they released the data on the new meta gems and looks like [URL="http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68778/agile-shadowspirit-diamond/"]agile shadowspirit diamond[/URL] is our new one.

but it's not all good news they are also reducing the damage output of survival

Last edited by Belimawr; 01-11-2011 at 07:29 PM.
      #32   Report Post  
    Old 01-14-2011, 08:39 AM

Quick question on trinkets

There is a trinket from tol barad (level 359), it's a use trinket which gives 1605 agil for 20 seconds but has no base stats. Is this worth getting or would you get the mounts with commendations and just wait for trinket drops.

I take it the other trinket to aim for is the valor point trinket fluid death (this works much in the same way as tias grace).

Any advice would be great. Anyone who has been on the ptr and can explain blizzards statement of "haste will affect cobra and steady shot now" please explain .
      #33   Report Post  
    Old 01-14-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolleo View Post
    Quick question on trinkets

There is a trinket from tol barad (level 359), it's a use trinket which gives 1605 agil for 20 seconds but has no base stats. Is this worth getting or would you get the mounts with commendations and just wait for trinket drops.

I take it the other trinket to aim for is the valor point trinket fluid death (this works much in the same way as tias grace).

Any advice would be great. Anyone who has been on the ptr and can explain blizzards statement of "haste will affect cobra and steady shot now" please explain .
    Generally, i go for trinks that provide a stat boost on them (the alchemy one is a good example) with a passive boost (out of preference) as i recall i think that there are better trinks to obtain with valor points, but if you have one already as they are unique equipped you can't go wrong popping a trink with other c/ds on a boss.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #34   Report Post  
    Old 01-14-2011, 09:53 AM

Ah is the one bel linked the best for hunters because the proc isn't great. Im currently levelling alchemy do may be able to make it at a much later point.
      #35   Report Post  
    Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 PM

Unsolvable Riddle (the Tol Barad trinket) is good, but apparently the ilevel 346 trinkets you can get from heroic dungeons are as good or better, in part because, like Greenbeermonkey says, you don't have to manually activate it, but also because it averages out to be less of an agility boost than Tia's Grace or Grace of the Herald hc (266 plus a chunk of mastery vs. 340 plus less mastery and 285 plus some crit).

If like me, you're running heroics everyday and the trinkets just aren't dropping, feel the Tol Barad one, but if you then get Tia's Grace and Grace of the Herald, don't be afraid to use them instead. The upcoming alchemy trinket will also be very good.

As for Fluid Death, it's very good in terms of agility, but it's value will be lessened slightly if you're not using all the hit after reforging. Unlike for a caster, hit is still useful after the 8% cap, just much less. The trinket will probably still be worth it, but something like [url]www.femaledwarf.com[/url] will help you figure out where you drop the excess hit if necessary.

And for the Cobra/Steady haste thing, they've mentioned that the way it was phrased in the patch notes is misleading - presumably they're changing how those shots scale with haste.
      #36   Report Post  
    Old 01-14-2011, 12:52 PM

On use trinkets CAN be very powerful if you have a fight which requires snap burst. An on use trinket allows you to choose when you activate it, meaning you can wait for procs, including perhaps an equip proc trinket to pop, then blow your on use one for massive burst potential. On use trinkets tend to be very popular in PvP as the ability to burst on demand is important
      #37   Report Post  
    Old 01-14-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cataclysmic View Post
    On use trinkets CAN be very powerful if you have a fight which requires snap burst. An on use trinket allows you to choose when you activate it, meaning you can wait for procs, including perhaps an equip proc trinket to pop, then blow your on use one for massive burst potential. On use trinkets tend to be very popular in PvP as the ability to burst on demand is important
    this is exactly what i tend to obtain and do, usually trinks share the same cooldown so its probably best to get an on use one and a passive one.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #38   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belara View Post
    Unlike for a caster, hit is still useful after the 8% cap, just much less.
    What?

No....
    [size=1](Unless you have DMC:Hurricane, which goes off spell hit, but whichever Blizzard employee thought an agi trinket should use spell hit cap shoult be fired, and then fired at, but maybe that's just me, and if you're trying to get 17% hit for that, so should you)[/size]

Also rolleo if you can get hold of any of the following trinkets i'd say the tol'barad one was a waste:

1) Skardyn's Grace
    2) Key to the endless chamber (not great with a 75s internal CD but still better)
    3) Tia's Grace (Pre-raid-BiS)

You may even want to consider getting yourself the TB tank trinket instead (mastery / resists use effect) - it will be a massive help on fights like nefarian (and possibly Asc council / double dragon / maloriak / chimearon if your healers are really stretched for whatever reason), and the mastery's still half-decent - your dps won't suffer too badly either

Last edited by Del; 01-22-2011 at 07:17 AM.
      #39   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2011, 08:50 AM

Don't auto-shots use the same kind of hit cap as white hits from a warrior or rogue?
      #40   Report Post  
    Old 01-22-2011, 10:14 AM

No, because they go off the dual wield hit cap of 27%. Hunter auto shots use the same hit cap as specials and single weapon melee auto attacks (like rets and DKs using 2 handers).

Regarding trinkets they only become complicated if you try and factor in the effects of BL and personal cooldowns. Otherwise simply take their passive stat and calculate the average provided by their use or proc ie 100 agi for 15 seconds on 45 second ICD has an uptime of 33.33% (repeating of course), so is worth roughly the same as 33.33 agility. As I said CDs aren't factored into this, but it's a close enough thing that it can largely be put aside unless you come up with a very similar value for 2 trinkets and you are min maxing down to the very last single damage per second.

Last edited by Klogaroth; 01-22-2011 at 10:23 AM.