Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Tech

#111   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BallisticHardware View Post
    At Ballistic Hardware we use the[url=http://www.ballistichardware.com/headphones.html] Logitech G930 headset[/url]. It's just a really nice setup rich with features and pretty comfy. The [url=http://www.ballistichardware.com/keyboard.html]Razer Blackwidow[/url] is our favorite keyboard too.

[url=http://www.ballistichardware.com]www.BallisticHardware.com[/url]
    Cool story bro. Neither are good.
    ASUS Rampage IV Formula || G.SKILL 32GB Ripjaws X || NZXT Hale90 1000w
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM 2TB || 2x128GB Plextor M3
    2x 27" Yamakasi Catleap + Dell Ultrasharp
    Zowie AM || Too many keyboards. (Using reds atm) || ARTISAN VE White
    Steam Profile
      #112   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tr4656 View Post
    Cool story bro. Neither are good.
    I lol'd.
    But that is true.

Or you could get a mech keyboard and a loud mouse and just annoy your Mrs., that works too.
      #113   Report Post  
    Old 04-17-2012, 04:05 PM

Question Wireless Headset

Im looking into a wireless headset and I was at first looking at the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5 thinking that even though they say they are for xbox and PS3 its essentialy just an optical input so they should work just as well right? and the bluetooth pairing is a real cool feature.
    On the other hand there is the G930s look pretty sweet to and its abviously designed for a PC.

I have another problem. I have a wireless router in my bedroom and I am worried it is going to skrew up the signal to the headphones.

Any thoughts guys?
      #114   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by -Harry- View Post
    Im looking into a wireless headset and I was at first looking at the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5 thinking that even though they say they are for xbox and PS3 its essentialy just an optical input so they should work just as well right? and the bluetooth pairing is a real cool feature.
    On the other hand there is the G930s look pretty sweet to and its abviously designed for a PC.

I have another problem. I have a wireless router in my bedroom and I am worried it is going to skrew up the signal to the headphones.

Any thoughts guys?
    Don't get G930s. Overpriced crap, honestly. Wireless stuff is always a bad idea because it's always far more pain than it's worth. While Logi claims they have 10 hours of battery life, I can guarantee you'll find them dying in the middle of a difficult fight or something, I had a friend who was constantly swapping batteries in and out of his headset due to them running out mid-fight. He ended up changing to a wired headset because it was pissing him off too much. The G390s CAN charge while playing, but that just defeats the whole point of a wireless headset imo. Far better to just get something wired.
    I personally have a pair of Corsair HS1As, and for the £40 it cost me they're excellent. As comfortable if not more so than my Razer Orca headphones, excellent mic quality and a really high build quality. Definitely recommended. Surround sound on headsets is over-rated I find, I had a 5.1 set that was way too heavy, the surround speakers were far too tinny which ended up reducing the overall quality of the sound. Better to get something with a pair of good stereo outputs I reckon.

Eve Online username: Illuria Nari
    BF3 soldier: Illur1a
    LoL EU username: Illurian
    WoT username: Illuria
      #115   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 AM

+1 say no to wireless headphones

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Illuria View Post
    Corsair HS1As

I had a 5.1 set that was way too heavy, the surround speakers were far too tinny which ended up reducing the overall quality of the sound
    You have the HS1A and you think a surround sound set is tinny?

wut

Corsair use the same driver across all their headsets, and it's a driver that doesn't know what bass means

I had the HS1A, it was shit, I bought a CM Storm Sirus and I haven't looked back in terms of either surround sound (can't game without it now) or audio quality (it's just good, and loud and has more bass than anyone needs in their headset)

Holy Cow - Warren Spector
    Life is too fucking short to hear or play Freebird - Isaac Brock
    I hope I see you later, where everybody's okay - Randy Brewer
      #116   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2012, 05:15 PM

G930 owner here. I can say that it definitely is not as bad as some people make it out to be. When gaming it actually sounds really good, the faux surround works well and everything is clear and crisp.

Of course they don't hold a candle to my Senn HD 280PRO when it comes to music but when I listen to music I put it on the Yamahas downstairs.

If you're looking for a convenient package then I'd recommend the G930s. The only issue I have with them is that the earpads are fake leathery and will peel off after a couple months. But Logitech support is awesome and sent me a whole new headset.

Before settling on the G930 I looked at Thermaltake Shock headset. DO NOT BUY. Shit tier build quality, as is with almost all Tt products.

As for them "dying in the middle of a difficult fight or something" that is totally not true unless you ignore the multiple warnings. The software warns you that there is only an hour left, multiple times. Probably around 9 or 10 times it will show a notification in your system tray in Windows.

Last edited by toast; 04-19-2012 at 05:19 PM.
      #117   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by toast View Post
    G930 owner here. I can say that it definitely is not as bad as some people make it out to be. When gaming it actually sounds really good, the faux surround works well and everything is clear and crisp.

Of course they don't hold a candle to my Senn HD 280PRO when it comes to music but when I listen to music I put it on the Yamahas downstairs.

If you're looking for a convenient package then I'd recommend the G930s. The only issue I have with them is that the earpads are fake leathery and will peel off after a couple months. But Logitech support is awesome and sent me a whole new headset.

Before settling on the G930 I looked at Thermaltake Shock headset. DO NOT BUY. Shit tier build quality, as is with almost all Tt products.

As for them "dying in the middle of a difficult fight or something" that is totally not true unless you ignore the multiple warnings. The software warns you that there is only an hour left, multiple times. Probably around 9 or 10 times it will show a notification in your system tray in Windows.
    AD700 and ultrasones pro 550 sound better at both gaming and musi
    Steam Profile
      #118   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tr4656 View Post
    AD700 and ultrasones pro 550 sound better at both gaming and musi
    They are also a bit newer (I think). I got my 280s a few years ago, when they were first available. I'd love to get a new pair, something like the AT A700 or Senn HD 598 (drool) but Can't afford it right now with life and all. Actually right now I can get the A700for $127 USD on Amazon with Prime. I might just jump on that..58% discount is hard to pass.
      #119   Report Post  
    Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by toast View Post
    They are also a bit newer (I think). I got my 280s a few years ago, when they were first available. I'd love to get a new pair, something like the AT A700 or Senn HD 598 (drool) but Can't afford it right now with life and all. Actually right now I can get the A700for $127 USD on Amazon with Prime. I might just jump on that..58% discount is hard to pass.
    Those are pretty good closed cans
    Steam Profile
      #120   Report Post  
    Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 AM

I've heard some good and bad reviews about the G930's - the good from current owners and the bad from people with an opinion.

Dan Stapleton (formerly of PCGamer) has had good things to say about the Creative Tactic 3D Omegas on twitter

I can say that they're fairly comfortable even on my grotesquely enormous head, though.

This is the Creative Tactic 3D Omegas, btw. [url]http://bit.ly/I0Cdrv[/url] Can't comment on audio quality, because I'm a terrible audiophile.

Gotta say, using a wireless headset is the most incredibly liberating sensation. Now I just need to shake this phantom cable syndrome.

Tags

gaming, headset, keyboard, monitor, mouse