Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#1   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 04:37 PM

Default Warrior 4.0.6

Does anyone know the impact of the 20% damage reduction in HS and Cleave coming in the next patch?

For me (in fury spec) it seems as though there's going to have to be a better button to press during the second free global cooldown in the rotation - perhaps hit cleave to start stacking up meat cleaver - but i doubt that its going to be a bigger hitter than HS even with meat cleaver at 3 stacks.
    The spare time could be used to whack up an inner rage if enough rage is availible?

The whole point is that blizz wanted Heroic strike to be a "rage dump" - but simply giving it a 20% damage reduction to make it less efficient doesn't appear to be a great way to reach that end, especially if its going to leave a gap in the rotation.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 PM

It will still be used as the rage dump. Blizzard have said that they are relatively happy with Fury DPS< infact it might even be a tiny bit low, so expect some compensatory buffs.

I think they were worried that HS was making up too much of a Fury Warrior's damage. Expect buffs to things like Raging Blow as a consequence
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 AM

TBH I hardly ever use cleave unless im fighing 3 or more adds and I know the tank has solid agro. I tend to try and focus one mob down at a time but thats just me.

HS should just be used as a ragedump but my fingers still havn't got the message, I blame that on my probably slightly low mastery so RB isn't constantly up. Everyone says that Mastery isnt worth stating for, Hit and Exp are still the way to go, so thank got for Bezerker rage

My rotation is Colossus Smash > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow >Bloodhtirst (if your fast enough you can get the 2nd bloodthirst in during the CS debuff)
    If RB isnt available, thats where I'll put HS.
    Insert the Slam proc whenever you can and then just hammer Execute when it becomes available

P.S to all non warriors, <3 Victory Rush
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2011, 07:25 AM

I don't think the nerf to cleave will really hurt Fury to be honest. Meat Cleaver makes it a very potent AoE spec anyway once it's stacked
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 01-11-2011, 09:38 PM

Hmmmm I might try that rotation myself Goffik -

Atm Im going Bloodthirst > RB > Bloodthirst > Colossus > Bloodthirst > RB > Bloodthirst > HS/Slam Proc....