Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Magazine and site talk > Disc support

#1   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 09:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kinetix Send a message via MSN to Kinetix Send a message via Yahoo to Kinetix
    Default Eco Discs

I'm having problems with the new Eco Discs. I tried inserting it into my DVD drive only for it to not work at all. It sounds like its not spinning properly---probably because its half the size of a normal disc. Is there any way I can get this thing to work? I really want to play the Split/Second demo, and downloading it is not an option with my internet.

EDIT: I see that there are already a couple of threads on this issue. So, uh, nevermind, I guess. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Another edit: Will the September 2010 replacement disc be available from the Future US website soon?

Last edited by Kinetix; 07-22-2010 at 09:52 PM.
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 07-22-2010, 10:25 PM

I had this problem, fixed it by using my laptop disc drive to copy the files onto my external drive. Laptop drives don't seem to have the same issues that standard drives sometimes have getting discs spinning. Weird.

#3   Report Post  
    Old 07-25-2010, 10:11 PM

This Eco disk is pure crap! I did not ask for this and I expect pcgamer to do something about it! You owe me 2 full issues disc which are completely unusable!
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Dadud Send a message via MSN to Dadud Send a message via Yahoo to Dadud

I've got a suggestion for a quick fix. try double sided tape to tape the eco disk to an actual disk. that might solve the problem for you. make sure you use a bunch of it, and make sure its flat on the other disk.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 PM

I just started reading your mag and it's good. I have'nt been able to play the included disk. I purchased another mag and disk thinking it was a bad disk but that also would'nt play. I even tried them on a laptop and still a no go. I have a great rig and it is very much up to any task I throw @ it . Is there a certain flash player this needs or ? I am @ a lost and just want to check out the contents of the 2 disk I have. I guess if I can't use the disk then I won't consider ever purchaseing a subscription Any help would be great. Thanks to all . Ps: don't try the tape thing. I don't have to try it to know it will go badly.
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 PM

Sorry for jocking on ur thread but if you get help we all get help. My rig does'nt even see the disk @ all. Like it's not there ?
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 05-16-2011, 10:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to BIGthingy47
    Unhappy Crap disc for the little money I have to begin with

I just purchased the June issue of PCG and I mainly purchased it for the demos to get a taste at the new stuff coming, I was quite disappointed to find out my disc doesn't work on my obsolete but powerful rig I don't have much money to begin with so it was pushing it to spend the 9 dollars on this magazine to find out I basically just paid 9 dollars for a bunch of paper that gives me absolutely no personal experience of any games I might want to try and save up for in the future, I certainly feel this to be a big waste of my money and will NOT be buying another one of your magazines from now on until I see this issue is resolved, very disappointed PCG