Here is a list of some WoW definitions that some of you may find helpful.
Spoiler Warning: This Article is Silly.
: The time that Blizzard
use to maintain the servers, feed the Hamsters powering them and refill the power cells. These power cells are filled with the crystal clear tears cried by people on the WoW Forums. See QQ
: aka The Beast Itself; The Wailing of Nations; "That Bunch of Social Misanthropes in their Mother's Basements". The primary purpose of the wow-europe.com and worldofwarcraft.com forums. Blizzard
uses these for 3 Primary Purposes.
1. Informing the Players of Issues and Announcments; Usually done by Ghostcrawler
2. Generating clean, renewable energy. This is done by way of 1. The properties of the player base, when exposed to logic, the internet and other anonymous people, generates a pure, incandescent material, called QQ by the masses. This QQ has more power and nerd rage per cc than even experimental nuclear fusion.
3. Containing the player base. By knowing where most of the whiners and malcontent are, Blizzard
has effectively kept the rest of the internet safe from the undirected and potentially harmful venting of 11 Million Addicted Nerds (or as Activision
calls them; The Money-Farm)
: Lead Systems Designer; Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street. Ex-Marine Biologist, and Chief Nerd Wrangler for Blizzard
. A God among men; Greg Street gave up a peaceful life studying and poking at bloodthirsty Great White Sharks with only a thin wire mesh between him and them for a career where he now studies and pokes at bloodthirsty WoW Addicts (see: Player
) with only a keyboard, display and hidden IP address between them.
Greg Street spends his days cajoling, explaining and enraging players, in a delicate balance where even Machiavelli would think that he was a genius. Has a strange love of anemones.
: Gamer; Enthusiast; Addict; Nerd; Geek; Names and descriptions used to describe a particular breed of person. This normally relatively sane person has been known to become enraged at the slightest thing (See: QQ
). Also known to engage in strange, social activities, despite the breed being typically anti-social. (See: Raid
Has been known to be exceptionally susceptible to the mental disease known as Purple Fever
Only known source of QQ
: Collection of 10 or 25 Players
, gathered together for numerous purposes. These include:
1. Killing Bosses - this is preferred by BlizzardHeroic
2. Engaging in Purple Fever; or "Farming for Epic Lootz" (Note: No definition Exists, too vague)
3. To sign up for and commit to anywhere between 10 minutes and 3 hours of complete attention, awareness, tactical acumen and know-how (See: Fantasy). Usually however none of this is done.
4. To scream at other Players. Depending on your role this can be:
a. Raid Leader: At the rest of the Raid5. To be "AFK"
b. DPS: Players who play a class that involves little to no discernible mental activity. If their fingers were not moving and a steady stream of bile and vitriol issuing forth from their lips, it could be assumed these individuals were actually in a coma.
c. Tanks: Usually busy taking and holding "aggro" from multiple targets; this includes Bosses, Trash Mobs, Healers and DPS. Generally taken for granted, they tend to be solid individuals. Usually from being repeatedly stepped on by Mobs several stories taller than them.
d. Healers: Healing class in game. Individuals most likely to save a Raid from failure. Also most likely to have a nervous breakdown from enaging in what is supposed to be an entertaining pastime. Possibly affected by mental issues, beer or other substances.
6. To Stand in The Fire.
: 5 Man version of Raid
. Displays all the same attributes in smaller scale. Usually PUG
: Pick Up Group; Collection of disparate Players brought together randomly for the pursuit of Loot, Ulcers and Mental Hysteria. Development by Blizzard of the Random Dungeon Group Tool can be posited as an attempt to further collect and refine pure QQ in-game.
: Game Developer; The World's Largest Drug Pusher; Research Organisation in the field of Nerd-Power and QQ-Generation.