Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer

#11   Report Post  
    Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 AM

Count me in.

Realm First! Zen Master Cook - 25th Sep 2012
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 07-08-2010, 10:36 PM

Eve Uni is boring. I heard someone make the analogy that it's like learning to swim by having a 42-week lecture on the concepts of swimming.

If you want fun, join dreddit. As long as you have a 2 month old reddit acounnt [which is free/anonymous], then you can join. The corp, and 90% of the members in it, are at most 5 months old. They're all literally noobs to the Eve world. They're a lot more mature now than 5 months ago, but back then they didn't have a clue and just frigate swarmed everywhere and died loads. Because of this they're very, very noob friendly. Especially for a corp/alliance of thier size. They'll encourage you to participate in large scale activities right from the off, as every swarmbody helps in a battle/mining/ratting/etc
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 06:25 AM

I have a few alts which i would be happy to put into a PGC EVE online corp. With six years of playing i have been involved with most areas of the game.

As for advice about which corp to join then EVE Uni is a good choice if you want to take it slow and being a member will look good on your Employment History for when your ready to move on. If you want to be thrown into the PVP deep end then you can join in the 'Red vs' Blue' empire wars on either side. Basically its two corps which have been setup for the sole purpose of high sec pvp with no strings attached. Theres a lot to be said for taking this route as you will learn the basics of PVP quickly and you dont have to venture into null or low sec to take part. You can also quit at any time you like. However if your more of an industry minded person then Red v Blue isnt the way to go.
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 07:43 AM

PvP goes not interest me yet. I have an aim to make 310 million ISK a month so it pays for my account costs then I can open a second account. So far I have been mining, dabbled with manufacturing, learnt scanning for exploring (although I have no idea what "unstable wormholes" are used for. So far I can make about 1 million an hour mining, or 750K exploring and then killing what I find.

Corporate management also interests me so being in a new corp would help me learn. I'll try and catch Tim in WoW and have a chat about it.

#15   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Ohhh just read about "Planetary Interaction"... seriously there is too much to do in Eve.

#16   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pod View Post
    Eve Uni is boring. I heard someone make the analogy that it's like learning to swim by having a 42-week lecture on the concepts of swimming.

If you want fun, join dreddit. As long as you have a 2 month old reddit acounnt [which is free/anonymous], then you can join. The corp, and 90% of the members in it, are at most 5 months old. They're all literally noobs to the Eve world. They're a lot more mature now than 5 months ago, but back then they didn't have a clue and just frigate swarmed everywhere and died loads. Because of this they're very, very noob friendly. Especially for a corp/alliance of thier size. They'll encourage you to participate in large scale activities right from the off, as every swarmbody helps in a battle/mining/ratting/etc
    There is nothing that you have said that Eve Uni doesn't do. I spent a year in Eve Uni before I moved to 0.0 and joined an NC alliance - and to be honest, every minute of it was fantastic, especially in times of war.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 01:35 PM

Does EVE have a monthly sub payable? I may look to pick this up from Steam if it's available as an alternative.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM

Yes, EVE requires a sub. On the up side, they don't charge you for expansions on top of that. If anyone wants a 21 day trial (standard one is 14), PM me.

I'd be interested in joining a PCG corp with an alt, I've been playing nearly 5 years now and would be happy to help out. I don't want to leave my corp with my main character, though.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Monthly sub is 14 euros. I read Steam had Eve Online for $2 recently, I wish I had seen that as I would have created a second account and used the buddy program to get a free monthly.

Actually PM me your e-mail address and I can send you a free 21 day trial then if you sign up I get a month free.

Last edited by Bimble; 07-09-2010 at 02:35 PM.
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bimble View Post
    Monthly sub is 14 euros. I read Steam had Eve Online for $2 recently, I wish I had seen that as I would have created a second account and used the buddy program to get a free monthly.

Saying that if you do sign up ask me for a buddy URL first so I get a month free
    Thanks Bimble, i'll have a butchers this weekend and decide. I can probably scrounge 14 euro from somewhere!

any useful sites that i can read up on EVE? A wiki for example?

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin