Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#21   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 AM

Warlocks can CC humanoids very well with glyphed Fear
      #22   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 AM

But warlocks who grew up during wrath is being punished by this change nonetheless
      #23   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 AM

The point was to make healing more challenging, not force all other players into playing like its 2005 with a healer that has a dps spec!
      #24   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 AM

Zim i've been there a few time in Hc's when you are at that stage and you feel terrible. Health pots and bandages when possible as we healers spend most of time topping tanks off ready for that next massive smack in the face also the player not the game is so true.
      #25   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 09:45 AM

The changes are good for other reasons as well.

I didnt enjoy dungeon runs in the final days of the expansion as it was as Zim has described - aoe and loot run. DPS learning to press other buttons and levelling up a valid lifesupporting profession is a brilliant move. I want harder content to push my interest! I've throughly enjoyed the instances i've done thus far - I've only done normals thus far, but trash can be tricky without tacs. I think all dps classes have a stun/banish/cc of some sort which should be used and abused - as an example druids have 3, cyclone, roots, maim.

We actually have to work for our phat loot now. Earning justice points and levelling rep will help alleviate gear checks.

The economy on pots, flasks and cloth are going to be much more in demand so the cloth farmers /tailors (with their cloth buff) and alchemists should start turning (even?!) more profit.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #26   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 AM

I like that there's a discussion, I just wish I'd joined in earlier!

Still, it really annoys me that the changes to healing is going to spill over to everyone like this. If I play my mage my job is to to damage, now I have to do everything basically. There's a giant hump to get over until you start getting really great gear that can ease the situation. I dobut alot of the wrath-players will even know what to do to get there. During wrath the game was adapted to be more casual and a little easier, now we take a giant step backwards to what I can only relate to as being the first time you set foot into heroic mech in burning crusade, except now I like think I actually know what I'm doing and I'm still just speechless.

Now, I'm not disagreeing with you, greenbeermonkey but I do think that it has gone totally haywire. You need to know that you can trust the others in the group 100% so using the LFG tool is out of the question. You need appropriate cc and a player that can handle them flawlessly. Consumables was intended not to play a major part in your game, if you come unprepared to a normal 5-mans now then you're just out of the question. A hunter without bandages, pots, food, water, elixirs and buff food has no place in a dungeon. Healers have to reforge every single bit of gear to add spirit and I don't even know how useful it will be in the end.

For my part I have a talent called Telluric Currents that gives me mana (40% of the damage done with lightning bolt), so lightning bolt costs roughly 1400 mana, as long as it hits for over 2800 i will get mana back. The problem is that it's over 2 seconds cast time! I don't know if the other healer classes have similar talents but I seriously hope so. I dont want to have to mix healing with damage like that but there's no choice really and I'm not clear why healers should be pointed in that direction. If that's the intent then all the encounters needs to be tuned for that which is clearly not the case right now. Every other trash pack has some ridiculous 360 aoe thing so dps takes damage, especially melee so even if I can get mana back there's really no time to do it. Sure, I'd love to go all onyxia leader on every dps taking damage but the fact is that it's not always their fault, and I now no longer have the means to heal them.

Health pools have doubled or trippled, healing spells costs 400% more, regen is just trying to put makeup on a corpse and the spells hit roughly for what they did in wrath. I just can't get the logic of this at all.

Wall of text crits you for 60000. You die.
      #27   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 11:08 AM

Also I'm endlessly annoyed at a work thing right now and there's a small chance some of that is spilling over into this whole healing thing
      #28   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 AM

I think a there are a lot of us out there Zim that are in the same boat i just cant wait for some idiot in a random some time to make some smart ass comment about why we let him die, it will be like Hulk Healer Smash time.

As for the increased Hp and relativley small heals with have and constant mana issues well like Darieth and yourself have said where ever you can reforged spirit tis only option
      #29   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenbeermonkey View Post
    The economy on pots, flasks and cloth are going to be much more in demand so the cloth farmers /tailors (with their cloth buff) and alchemists should start turning (even?!) more profit.
    flask's could drop off once the guild bonus for cauldrons go into effect, as eventually everyone will be able to get a flask from a single cauldron and everyone will get a 2 hour buff for them, so I see alchemists actually losing out as flasks become like fish feasts. might make more on mana/healing pots since healer mana is going to be a lot tighter so I see these becoming more in demand.

but as I said once the guild unlocks the cauldron recipe(s) and the bonus to flasks from the cauldron and duration of buff people will see little need to carry flasks as they will see it as more efficient to use the cauldrons, so it seems more like alchemists will be expected to supply the group with cauldrons (but since the cauldrons don't seem to have a alchemy requirement to place it is possible we could sell them on)
      #30   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    flask's could drop off once the guild bonus for cauldrons go into effect, as eventually everyone will be able to get a flask from a single cauldron and everyone will get a 2 hour buff for them, so I see alchemists actually losing out as flasks become like fish feasts. might make more on mana/healing pots since healer mana is going to be a lot tighter so I see these becoming more in demand.

but as I said once the guild unlocks the cauldron recipe(s) and the bonus to flasks from the cauldron and duration of buff people will see little need to carry flasks as they will see it as more efficient to use the cauldrons, so it seems more like alchemists will be expected to supply the group with cauldrons (but since the cauldrons don't seem to have a alchemy requirement to place it is possible we could sell them on)
    very true, didnt consider that viewpoint. will have to check on cauldrons status in groups.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin