Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU) > Class Discussion

#11   Report Post  
    Old 12-10-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Doomcluck View Post
    Healing fun i'm sorry but the system is not balanced it's broken ok i lost a bit of crit but still not doing too bad.
    Just why no increase the power of the spells to off set the damage now its far too uneven.

The gear isnt bad what you pick up from factions but also lack of justice point means top gear is hard to get.They really going to have to look at things closer as healers really have got the short end of the stick, iwould have rather stayed in wrath if i knew how bad things are.Dps you are so lucky .
    the way i see it, the interrupts, crowd control buttons that we 'lost' in wrath have come back with Deathwing. We need to learn to control packs and be mindful of ourselves and everyone else.

Its early days still but i for one am relishing now aoe'ing the crap out of every instance i set foot in. its a change for the better! Dps need to utilise kick, root, banish, maim etc to alleviate tank damage and healer mana pool issues.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #12   Report Post  
    Old 12-11-2010, 08:24 AM

I read about this a while ago that they were changing it and on the run to 8 I have been making a point of trying to heal as efficiently as possible, even though I haven't needed to.
      #13   Report Post  
    Old 12-11-2010, 08:58 AM

Going back to it and what Darieth said is so true Bad dps will kill you i had some great runs where efficiency has work so well but then you get "he hits hard doesnt he" . Tip is its hitting you then you are not hitting tanks target or stood in front of target
      #14   Report Post  
    Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
    Dps you are so lucky .
    Playing DPS effectively in Cataclysm has gotten ALOT harder. Last night in lost city I was accutely aware of Darieth having serious mana issues, so on boss fights which were heavy DPS races I was also spending globals on cleanse, heals for myself and the rest of the party, while also trying to avoid the numerous brutal "fire" type effects, interrupting anything that could be interrupted, watching my CC timer, stunning mobs where possible to alleviate some of the pressure on the tank healer, watching my raid frames to see if any clothies had aggro so I could use hand of protection on them, keeping an eye on the tank's HP incase a fast Lay on Hands was needed and all the while doing enough dps to get the boss down. In terms of situational awareness - at least you healers are at range, playing a hybrid melee dps now is pretty damn hard if you are utilising your hybrid abilities to their maximum effectiveness.

The fact is, screaming at DPS for taking ticks of unavoidable raid damage comes with it's own caveats. There is zero point getting worked up if a melee dps takes a tick or two of a AoE effect which spawns right on top of them. Human reaction speeds are good, but you will almost always take a bit of damage depending on how fast the effect ticks. If you think it's so easy, trying playing a non deathknight melee class on some of those heroic fights (anti magic shell needs repeated and hard nerfing), then come back and tell us how faceroll it is.

DPS is easy to learn at a basic level. To play it well, and especially if you are a hybrid using all of your hybrid abilities, is one of if not the most difficult things in the game.

Rant over, back on topic:

From what I have read on various healing forums, Priests are not in good shape at the moment, with horrible mana efficiency and pretty poor throughput compared to other healing classes. Most of the Priests seem to be saying the same thing however - reforge EVERYTHING into spirit. Drop crit, haste, whatever, but get more spirit at all costs. Some are going as far as saying use lower item level pieces if they have spirit on instead of haste or crit.

Last edited by Cataclysmic; 12-11-2010 at 12:23 PM.
      #15   Report Post  
    Old 12-11-2010, 04:19 PM

Any shaman healers at 85 doing heroics? When I get Akee up there I'd like to know what to expect - if it sounds too nasty i'll just spec Enhance or do pvp
      #16   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2010, 09:17 AM

Well said slash and it seems a lot of classes stuggling with mana.I personally used my reforges on spirt and crit where possible its a challenge but doable. Its also about relearning the game in so many ways be it dps or healers especially when it comes to heroics. Melee end up getting the roughest deal as everyone knows Blizz hates melee on certain boss encounters. Wowiki has been a great help for certain boss encounters for me maybe others should read as well.
      #17   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
    Melee end up getting the roughest deal as everyone knows Blizz hates melee on certain boss encounters.
    To be fair WOTLK was extremely melee friendly, and warriors were top dps for almost the entire Expack - Rogues were exceptional too, as were DKs and Feral cat druids. I don't mind melee having a more difficult expack, but healers and tanks who start getting angry at them for taking some AoE damage when a stormcloud spawns on their heads is a little silly.
      #18   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:32 PM

I am massively dissapointed with the way healing is going right now.

I've been healing for over 4 years, my job has been to keep people alive.
    My job now is deciding who dies.
    This is not what healers are supposed to do. Sure, dps needs to improve etc but for years the game has been:
    1. Tank pulls
    2. AOE
    3. Loot
    Now there's loads of things to take into consideration all of a sudden. When 4 out of 5 people doesn't even look at their own health bar, much less looks if the healer is drinking before they run into the next pack and have nothing other than "oh lol" to say wipe after wipe then, honestly, healing is no longer working in this game.

Healing was supposed to be more challenging and it was just jumped to where it is now from the other side of the spectrum. Fine, move it to this stage slower, but going like this is just not fun for anyone. People are dying in instances and I can't speak for anyone else but I sure don't want to pay a subscription fee to make people die.
      #19   Report Post  
    Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 PM

I'm coping with the 'challenging' (i.e. fricking hard) new Priest healing, but only because I am refusing to PuG any heroics...at least with a Guild group, I can rage at DPS who don't use their stuns or offhealing properly!
      #20   Report Post  
    Old 12-13-2010, 05:34 AM

"Bring the player, not the class" has been the mantra for designing the game for a while now, and up to now that was basically true. You could get by if you had decent players. That's all out the window now.
    An instance with alot of humanoids and no elementals? Sorry warlocks! Bye.
    Alot of elementals and no warlocks or shamans? Good luck guys! See you.
    Now groups have to be tailored to perfection, you just can't pick up 5 people, even in the guild, and then set off to an instance. This whole situation is absurd.