Go Back   PC Gamer Forums > Play with PC Gamer > World of Warcraft Guild (EU)

#1   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2010, 08:53 AM

Default Cata launch night/day preparedness type stuff....

Not sure if anything similar has been posted, if so apologies in advance.

Just thought some preparation for Cata launch might be in order, just a few simple things to keep it all as smooth as possible for all.

Will we have officers on at launch night/day to invite the possibly many new alts to the guild? In my old guild, we temporarily promoted everyone so invites were not an issue, such as we have in PCGswarm now? Of course, we may have some of the officers on, and this may not be an issue at all, but not sure if the few officers on want to be spammed for invites while trying to enjoy Cata.

I for one though want my new alt in guild asap for, a] the social aspect, esp at launch, and b] to contribute to the new guild leveling system, asap. (It will be interesting to see how the 2 seperate guilds fare in this.)

Anyways, if anyone has any other points for launch, please add to this.

PS
    Maybe a poll to see who is going 80-85, or alt ftw?
      #2   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2010, 03:30 PM

Personally I will be concentrating on getting my main to 85 and then gearing him up. May then level up my alts and then I will start my goblin priest.
      #3   Report Post  
    Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 PM

yep same, priority is DK to 85 and raid ready, Beli to 85 and raid ready, then prob some form of gobo.
      #4   Report Post  
    Old 11-29-2010, 03:21 PM

I'm level 65 and there's 8 days to go. It's gonna be damn close! I'm gonna try to just level straight to 85 but it's gonna be freaking hard.
      #5   Report Post  
    Old 11-30-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I'm level 65 and there's 8 days to go. It's gonna be damn close! I'm gonna try to just level straight to 85 but it's gonna be freaking hard.
    You'll hit 80 easy. Just remember to pick up the dungeon quests and do randoms whilst questing and you'll demolish the rest.

PCG Game Club
    Steam

Also on Origin
      #6   Report Post  
    Old 11-30-2010, 12:43 PM

Regarding invites to the guild, we won't be changing the current system even temporarily. Officers will be online as much as they can, but please be patient if you can't find one or they're busy.
      #7   Report Post  
    Old 12-01-2010, 02:00 PM

Im going straight to 85 on levi, onces hes 85, and geared up and raid ready to go, either my paladin will take the other zones to 85, and have him there waiting and ready, or get my druid up, haven't decided.
      #8   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Regarding invites to the guild, we won't be changing the current system even temporarily. Officers will be online as much as they can, but please be patient if you can't find one or they're busy.
    Coolio, any chance any officers who plan on being on at launch, and don't mind being /W for an invite, can post here? Ta in advance.
      #9   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 08:37 AM

Due to the nature of launch (midnight openings, installing, games turning up on time etc) it is going to be a little unpredictable as to when people will actually be able to log on, even if you do intend to be online one minute after launch, things do not always go to plan.

All I can suggest is that if you do want a guild invite either, log onto a char on PCG, use the guild tab to see if any officers are online, make a note of them then relog and ask for an invite. On the other hand you can /w any PCG member who is online and they should be able to tell you which officers are around.

Please, be patient, chances are officers who are online will be bombarded with whispers from people wanting alts in the guild and others wanting to join the guild. If we miss yours please wait a little while and try again (Pestering us will not get you very far). Please also remember that if we are logged on we will be trying to enjoy the new content as much as the rest of you so please bear with us!
      #10   Report Post  
    Old 12-02-2010, 09:58 AM

I will be on all night of launch day once I am back from the HMV midnight opening, say 12.30am ish.

Feel free to w me for invites, assumuing you are registered in the correct forum thread. This includes updating your post for alts. (3 Toon Limit in PCG)

Foosfighting 12/11/2010